6% duty
$1800 Shipping
5% exchange
Total=30000.00

bla bla bla
There is no 6% duty. PST and GST only.

whipper

No duty......period....0%
Accually I just read this on Pats boating news thanks. Also theres some other changes now were the trailer no longer needs a clearance letter witch can be a pain if the trailer comes from a state were they dont have to registar there trailers. Good info.

XSive

Accually I just read this on Pats boating news thanks. Also theres some other changes now were the trailer no longer needs a clearance letter witch can be a pain if the trailer comes from a state were they dont have to registar there trailers. Good info.
It does if it enters the RIV program, which includes trailers less than 15 years old.....I think, 15 is the number....I can comfirm tomorrow, I'm going south and bringing another boat back with a friend.

I don't understand your point about the relationship of the necessity for a recall clearance letter and the title/registration? They are two seperate issues.

whipper

No real relationship with the recall just that I needed one when i bought my last boat. With all the companies going under it might have been hard to accuire as it was needed in the past. In the last two years they waved this requirement because of this so RIV tells me. As long as the 17 digit Vin is on with a compliance label one should be good to go.
I guess what i ment by the state thing was when i brought my Boat home the insurance company asked me for transfer of ownership papers for the trailer. All I had was a typed recipt from the previous owner because they didnt need these kind of papers for trailer sales were I bought my trailer.They accually never delt with anything like this before in my town at the time. Small town thing I guess.
Since the loonie has raised 20-30 cents on the dollar since then Im sure they have done lots these days.

Last edited:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Guys,

Discussions on Canadian import duties, GST and VAT are likely best handled in PM's, don't you agree?

Lou

procomp

Recall letter on trailers no longer required however you still pay and go through the RIV program. This is for 15 year old and newer trailers. Peace out

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Riding the edge of personal attacks here guys...violation of terms of service. If this keeps up it will become another example of why threads get deleted.

XSive

We got a real MR KNOW it ALL on here !!!! He wakes up looking to try and correct anyone that he can every day !!
Oh its Mr. Class himself. Shouldn't you be over on a WAR thread laughing at John Richied's misfortune? Not cool.

hotshaft

Oh its Mr. Class himself. Shouldn't you be over on a WAR thread laughing at John Richied's misfortune? Not cool.
:idiot:idiot:help

No thats not cool why are trying to start something. No need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.Everyone else on here is very nice and helpful!!!!You would fit in much better on fastbass than over here!!!

Last edited:

allisonriverrat

chit man! i wished i could deliver dem!lamo! if he would use slenda in his cool aid, he might not be so hi strung! i tried to tell him TANG!

strip

Ok...Somebody has to do it...Everyone is BANNED! However, due to the cost of Tahiti tickets you will be getting tickets to Afganistan. I hear hotels are cheaper there too! I will be happy to store your boats while your gone!:wink