Recent content by 1badaction

1. 1badaction

280 idle speed

1000rs idle :cuss must be a pita to dock. Mine "lopes" at idle from 750 to 800 no matter if its in or out of gear. bone stock 2005 consumer.
  2. 1badaction

Hyd Steering Question

My old steering was the teleflex racks in the opposed position. worked fine. :beer: BTW- if anyone needs one, I have the aluminum bracket that allows the pro helm to be mounted from behind the dashboard. I like to sit a little bit back in my hull so im not going to need it.
  3. 1badaction

Hyd Steering Question

$1,150 is with the tilt helm and steering wheel, etc. the system with no tilt and kevlar hoses is around $900 with shipping included.
  4. 1badaction

Hyd Steering Question

http://www.bassboatcarpet.com/ for 850 you can get the complete kit with a blinker switch and allison cylinder :o they sell on greedbay also, so it might be the same place.
  5. 1badaction

280 Sport Vs 280 Ss

I get over 6.5mpg at 6000-6800 rpm. which is about 83 to upper 90s for speed with a 30et.
  6. 1badaction

Plug recall?

on my EFI laser motors I have been using BU8H plugs forever and a day without problems. Supposedly you need a resistor plug so it doesnt cause interference in the ecu. I ended up switching to the BPR8HIX (same heat, but a projected tip, Iridium resistor plug) because they last a TON longer...
  7. 1badaction

Allison/Side ram steering?

Possibly... :twisted: Ive seen it alot on progressions and the sob V's, so im sure it can work, but im not sure how good it would be on the little v bottoms. Truthfully, it doesnt take much imput to fly my boat, especially over 80 when those "gull wings" start packing air. I'll probably end up...
  8. 1badaction

Allison/Side ram steering?

anyone used side ram steering on their alli? how did it work? Jim