Recent content by 96xb2003

1. 9

WANTED steering cable

i have a cable , not sure on the length its for the left-passenger side of an xb2003 i can measure if you like!
  2. 9

2 props mazco 14.5 x 26 & 15 x 28

hi james , i havent seen you in years . sorry to hear you sold the allison. that 26et lightning prop that your selling is mine , i loaned it to your dad a long time ago , and he and i have lost touch . it would be great if you could return it to me!!!
  3. 9

oil and oil ratio

hey, thanks alot jay i really appreciate your .02 worth. i can tell by your response you are very experienced and take pride in what u do. i dont want to say its rare but unfortunately i believe this is the case! i have had some real bad experiences with outboard repair. one of these bad...
  4. 9

93 2.5 260, is this a good one

i own a 93 2.5 260, it has about 100 hrs on it and i dont wanna take any chances with this motor. how many hrs should i expect to get before its time to freshen her up. i run klotz oil at 32 to 1. most of these hrs are fishin hrs with that said i usually air her out atleast once each time im in...
  5. 9

oil and oil ratio

ive got a question about oil and the oil ratio. im running a merc 260, its a 93. ive run mercury oil, redline and am now using klotz , has a picture of a jetski on it. my question is , i run this motor 7000+rpm quite a bit, on pump gas. what in general is the mix ratio used and what types of...
  6. 9

Sick 280

re: crank sensor, there are two types of sensors for this application, the most common beinr a pulse generator. a pulse generator generates ac voltage, assuming this is a 2 wire sensor , install a good volt meter , prefferably one w a snapshot mode or min max mode , voltage should increase with...
  7. 9

Allison 8000 tach

is this sold
  8. 9

batteries

hey, if u can find them, walker energy builds odyssey batteries, if u try them u will never buy another battery. i bought my first set in 99, bought my second set in 2010. no bull they r awesome. you will be amazed at how fast they recharge and how long they last. they are smaller and lighter...
  9. 9

Trim Systems, whats safe

hope im not givin useless info here , if u are running significant amperage through relays u asking fer trouble, my self id use some old ford starter solenoids, relyable , dependable and will handel the additional amperage, and theyre cheap.
  10. 9

Danger warning!!!

ive got sum experience w/ this problem, grade 8 bolt is not the answer,grade8 = good clamping force, like a good rod bolt, it is not good in sheer applications. got to your farm equiptment dealer and buy hitch pins in the correct diameter and length, no more worries, ive done several this way...
  11. 9

Tried my first chopper

ive got a 26 chopper, its awesome all around prop. i also run a 26 et its my fun prop, luvem both dont leave home without em!!!! btw, for the money that chopper cant be beat, oh im runnin a 260
  12. 9

Trailer brakes

i have surge breaks on my trailer, they work just fine , cant imagine towing w/o them , crazy *** california drivers, trailer brakes should be mandatory , without exception, you really dont appreciate them till u need them!!!
  13. 9

ANOTHER broken tongue bolt!

hey, the best solution is to buy hitch pins from your local farm equiptment dealer. wont be breakin those !!
  14. 9

batteries fit for an allison

eddie , yes i believe those r the one and only, theyve been around 4 ever so im sure some people already know about them, but i put it out there for those that might not
  15. 9

batteries fit for an allison

just thought id put this out there. ive been using batteries built by hawker energy systems, they are called odyssey batteries. ive been using the same batteries for almost 10 years , i know ur going to find it hard to believe. i just replaced them and couldnt be happier. ive fished these...