Recent content by Baxter0808

1. B

swim ladders on Grandsport

Has anyone tried the bobs, TH or if there are any other swim ladder options on their grandsport? id like to find a way to make something work so we can easily go for a swim n get back on without the slippery struggle.
  2. B

Engine height?

Anybody have any experience with Winrace props? mate of mine has a 3blade 27p thru hub he offered to try
  3. B

Engine height?

I need to get my hands on a Lightening ET for sure. Thanks guys!!! be back out this weekend with a new engine height and hopefully a different prop
  4. B

Engine height?

Any reccomendations with no lip. cmon guys help me out. only got 80.3mph on the first test run haha I know there is way more there.
  5. B

Engine height?

So im new to this boat, Grandsport, and just redid it. Got a 12" setback, 260 on 15 mid, sportmaster. What height should I start at? I want some decent holeshot and handling while I learn the boats, high speeds will come later.
  6. B

Power recommendations GS

Well guys I went and bought a low hour 260 and am going to bolt it up to my 15 mid. Curious about anyones experience with different lower units, I have my 1.87 SM but would you lot recommend something different? stock coned? TM coned?
  7. B

XS2003 hull question/progress

Steel for sure. but seemed decent quality being that its a 93 hull and spend years around saltwater.
  8. B

Next step is sorting out the powerhead.. have a 2.5 Carb 200 but not sure I'll be content.
  9. B

Don't think it was stainless because it didn't enjoy the salt water very much. And it's a 93 hull I believe.
  10. B

Power recommendations GS

Don't think you'd want to pay the shipping all the way from Bermuda haha
  11. B

Power recommendations GS

Appreciate this advice greatly! Starting to get the itch to just say forget this whole motor and find something turn key.
  12. B

WTB: Promax

I need shipping to Florida or Jersey
  13. B

Power recommendations GS

I've also been trying to keep my 15inch mid. but from everyone's experience, should I really be that concerned if I have to switch to 20inch?
  14. B

Power recommendations GS

was getting the 225 promax idea pushed at me. What kind of setback would be good with the 175proxs?
  15. B

Power recommendations GS

Hey everyone, So im having the absolute worst luck with rebuilding my current motor, its one thing after the other and I'm basically fed up. I either need a new Sportmaster and powerhead, or just a whole engine to ease my pain. I deal with a fair bit of chop so I'm not trying to do 100mph, 80 is...