Recent content by Bill Mason

1. B

Change - Man have things changed around here...

Hey John Boy, how you and the boys doing? Not many posts on here anymore. Some of us are getting pretty long in the tooth?? I'm trying to recover from two darn strokes I had in April. It could be the first time since 1998 I haven't ran my Allison. I might not even get her started. UGLY AS HELL...
  2. B

Sportmaster lower unit repair

Again, soak it for several days in diesel. Been there done that??
  3. B

Guess you could try but soaking it in diesel fuel for a couple days is what my repair guy did?? Good luck. have fun be safe
  4. B

soak it in diesel fuel. It will free it up. Good luck have fun be safe
  5. B

Saw an xtb on Loudon lake.

I believe I have seen your "A" boat on Tellico a couple of times. Not many here though??
  6. B

Saw an xtb on Loudon lake.

I live on lake Loudon running a XB2002. Only seen one or two other Allisons. I also thought there would be more so close to the plant but not so.
  7. B

Schit Habbens

Any prop shop can advise you where to take it or may even be able to repair it for you. have fun be safe
  8. B

Schit Habbens

It can be repaired. As stated, those cases are hard to find. That really isn’t that big of thing. May have other opinions but when I was racing several racers ran welded Skews and a lot of us ran ran welded cracked props. Just my two cents have fun be safe
  9. B

1997 Xb2003 gearcase selection

Sportsmaster but they are hard to find and are pushing $3000. Get yours fixed. Common problem but that is a lu. My two cents have fun be safe
  10. B

Watching your video tow things. Maybe a touch more trim up and a little more weight in port side...

Watching your video tow things. Maybe a touch more trim up and a little more weight in port side of boat. She dips a little to starboard. Trim and weight will stop that. You are getting her up there and damn sure where can ya run that and not get a ticket!! Have fun be safe
  11. B

My newb ass in the XB03 trying to run with the faster guys.

Couple things come to mind, first does your sho have a high speed lower unit? Make sure your boat is balanced from side to side. Do you have hydraulic steering or cable? This is the speed where you should feel the boat crawl up on pad. You can almost feel a bump as it gets there. If you have...
  12. B

You should be able to run 95-97 . Put a little more weight on port side. Looks like you can bump the trim up just a little to get you to 95-97. Be careful running behind other boats. Their wake can really cause you problems if you run into them. You have the right prop and setup,(i/4" above pad...
  13. B

If that is 104 with a 03 that is hauling! What ya running on the back? Can't tell if it is camera angle or not, but looks like ya need a little more weight on the port side? Seems to be dipping to the right? Can't tell but looks like maybe a STV on right and maybe an XB2002 on left? What set up...
  14. B

Looking for 26ET or like prop

I'm at Tellico Village. Not sure where Lou lives but I think he is in Watts Bar not to far from me. We are about 7 miles from the Ft Loudon dam.
  15. B

Looking for 26ET or like prop

Had Tim at Hoss make me a 27. IT IS THE BOMB!! Thanks for reply though