biller31
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ben why does the page not show up any more that list owners rides? Last few times i've been on here did not see it.

Larry
    biller............... how much would a boat and trailer be priced given that a minimum of 4 need to be pre-sold? Will Darris tell you? also will we have to buy through a dealer to protect the dealer network?
    Hi Ben, I just got your reply to my inquiry and noticed that you had replied to my Oct 22, 2008 email. I am sorry I did not get that message or notification of it last year! I wondered what happened as I am sure you did. Thanks for the offer to go smallmouth fishing. How did you do in the BITE on Guntersville? I fished there Saturday and Monday (9/7/09) in preparation for our next Marietta BassMasters tournament. Saw a lot of fish or FISH but they were keyed in on small bait everywhere and would not hit anything. Caught a couple each day but no toads.
    This weekend is my wife's birthday Friday and wedding for my friend Chris Saturday so thats out. 1stand 2nd I'm deer hunting. The 15th I'm fishing a BITE tourney on Guntersville. Yeah we might be able to go on the 9th which is a Sunday weather and wife permitting. I'm going to be out of town on the 6th through the 8th on business but if you don't mind to miss Church for one Sunday we might can go on the 9th. Yeah, I know that you're interested in evaluating the overall fishability of the craft. It won't be all about how fast it can go as thats a one trick pony. Also, If I was just about speed, I'd have a 2002! Which are awesome for one trick pony speed runs but, they just don't fish well enough for a fat boy like me. We can go after the smallies below the dam but, the largemouth fishing is so good right now I've not been making those trips lately. We'll just see whats happening when we get closer to time.
    Ben, Let's Roll! Dude, you are close and I have been to Cleveland TN and it was awesome. In college, ('83 KSU) the Life Science club camped out on 'the bluffs' and I wanted to buy some land up there! Are you talkin' smallies on Chickamauga? Never caught one but I really want to and I am ready for two firsts! (Allison & Small mouth) Would this weekend work? Or Nov 8th? Have a tentative trip to Wilson & Pickwick (or Lanier) on Nov. 1st and a club tournament on Lake Lanier Nov. 15 and 16th. I'll go when you can go. I'll be fishing tonight on Allatoona (aka Dead Sea) and am pretty fired up! LMK what works best for you. Best regards, Mark Strohauer ps. not just interested in supersonic speed but fishability +ride and okay speed
    Hi Ben, Thanks for your reply; wow what a testimonial for the Allison! Was the first Allison you found on this site, the sexy red ProSport without Allison on the sides and a custom decal on the engine cowling?

I thought that the rod storage would be a little bit of an issue and decided that I could cut back to 'only' 10 rods. The last tournament that I won only required two rods and all the keepers really came on one rod and the same lure.

I knew that I did not care much for the Garmin's. I really like my Lowrance X38C and wish I had two in the boat! (have 332 and 510C up front). Now I understand the new Allison's will all come with Humminbirds. I know a lot of folks who really love H'birds but I only have minimal experiance with them and could not see it too well from the passenger side of the boat.

I asked 'GenoManetti' if he would take me out fishing in his XB-21 on Lake Lanier (man I love that lake) but I have not heard back from him yet. I'd LLLove to find a BasSport Pro with a 250, Motorguide (+Lowrance) like Rob Shaw has for sale but 50K leaves a lot of room for depreciation. Your deal was an awesome package and you were smart to jump on it! DaveH has a very nice 2+2 that I'd probably go 30 or 32K for (but then I think, is it really worth 2 times the value of the Ranger) and he wants 40K.

Hey, would you take me out fishing one day? I am not sure where you live in TN. I am 30 miles north of down town Atlanta; 15 minutes from Lake Allatoona. I'd really like to put this issue to rest in my head so I could either pull the trigger on an Allison or learn to be content with what I have.

Also, my Ranger just has a divided live well- great if you fish a buddy tournament, you can pull the divider and the fish have plenty of room to swim around in. The divider has never broken down but the pumps quit working once; something about leaving the timer on while the boat was in the garage for a week of two. I now carry a spare pump with an air stone, like you put in a live bait tank, even if I am a non boater. They only cost about $15 and can save all of your fish! The Rngr now has the Oxygenator built in and it really puts the O2 in the H20.
    His Blessings, Mark
    Well, I had searched for one for a while and should have bought the first one I found but didn't because I couldn't drive it, and Ikicked myself until I found this one. I really love this boat but, you hafta own one and get used to it before you can really drive it. I had a Ranger 520DVX then a Stratos 201 Pro XL and now this. This is the last bassboat I will own. I won't ever need more than this. It rides better than my Ranger, is faster than my Stratos with the same motor, seats 4 people, runs almost 90mph on gps with pump gas, has enough storage to take everything I own, gets better gas mileage, and gets more looks than a supermodel. as for what I don't like. I don't like the rod storage in the gunwalls as its not convenient access. But I just use them for the rods I don't fish much. I leave spinning tackle and carolina rig rods in there just in case I break down and hafta use em for 5 12" bites. Also the live well has a divider instead of 2 seperate wells. So you can't split the fish up as easy they can break down the barrier and cause a mix up, and you don't have an emergency spare live well if one quits working. The dash is not big enough to mount the new "mega screen" chartplotter units that are being made now and I don't want to gimble/gamble mount a $3000 Hummingbird off the side of my boat so a random wave can claim it in the depths of the Tennessee river. Other wise this boat cannot be beat in any category. I could buy what ever I wanted and there is no other boat I was interested in. AT ALL!!! There is not comparable boat! NONE
    Hi Ben,
    I hope you don't mind the intrusion and I hope I am not breaking any rules or anything by contacting you. Your XB21 is really good looking and in excellent condition. I saw it at Dalton Marine and wanted to buy it but I really wanted a ride in one first. We planned (Wally and I) to take it out for a test ride; also wanted to know how many hours were on it but had trouble finding a lake with water in it. I checked "Ali on" all over and it is a fine boat. I currently have a 98 Ranger Comanche 519 (20'6") dual console with a 225 EFI. Now that you have had the A bote for a while; would you give me your opinion on the good and bad? Thinking about David H's XB but think he is asking too many $'s What do you think? Best regards, Mark
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…