Recent content by darin

1. D

Surprise

suprise I also received a ticket from the WI DNR for overpowering my hull. Based on the nameplate recomended horsepower from Allison.
  2. D

Surprise

I have talked to Darris about everything. I guess we beleive the boat has seen hard times in its past. That's part of buying used equipment that gets you sometimes. Darris actually fixed my hull and was as helpful as he could be. The thing that bothers me most is that it could happen again...
  3. D

Surprise

The bolts were attached to the transom in the fashion that you described. They didn't spin or move when the nuts were removed. I remember seeing fiberglass and a thin steel plate in the transom. The steel plate just ripped right out when the bolts came through.
  4. D

Surprise

When the heads came through it actually made about a 2 1/2" hole and brought all the transom material with it. There was no lawsuit. Just alot of concerned family and friends.
  5. D

Surprise

The bolts pulled thru from the inside out. The bolts did not break. I was going around 70mph. One of the people in the back seat was killed. Darin
  6. D

Surprise

I bought the hull used it was a 1995. There weren't any visible cracks or weak spots on the hull. I used to look as often as I could. When it went it just went. Maybe if I would have pulled the gas tank out I could have seen something. Your probably on the right track as far as the hull...
  7. D

Surprise

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. About three summers ago I bought an Allison Grand sport it had a 200 merc on it. After some seat time I was running 96.3mph on gps. One afternoon me and three went for a ride. To my surprise the top two bolts on my transom pulled through the hull and...
  8. D

200 or 225 wanted

I have a motor off a grandsport 2.5 200 efi xri 1996. It ran 96.3mph. Call me if interested. Darin, 608-547-3032