Recent content by dspencer

1. D

Replacing skid planer seal with 4200 or 5200?

Has anyone thought about making a skid plate that pivots up when you start trimming the motor up? Most of us normally don't run with the motor fully down so it should not affect running. Having a lever that used the mids movement to actuate a hinged plate might give you the opportunity to have...
  2. D

Xb21

Just in case, a nice looking ProSport is for sale on craigslist. I wish I had the moolah. Its not mine. Just thought I'd pass this along. http://louisville.craigslist.org/boa/4447459918.html
  3. D

XTB 21f

I hate to say it because I would love to buy it but there is a beauty of a blue boat in the Richmond Va craigslist. A 96 too. http://richmond.craigslist.org/boa/4388125412.html
  4. D

Darris breaking in Grant's ride (Allison Facebook pg)

Nice rig. I wonder why he got the dual console. Most pros use the single.
  5. D

mpg

I ran a 150 Opti for 7 years and it got from 7.75 mpg at 38 mph to 4.75 mpg at 70. I changed over to a 225PM and while I did not get any realistic numbers since I did not have a measuring device, I could see the tank going dry quick. I changed over to a 200XS pretty quick. I've got a few...
  6. D

Torquemaster and Sportsmaster

The Torquemaster is sold pending payment. I will be at Kentucky Lake this weekend if anyone wants to get this nice Sportsmaster. Thank you Allison Owners Forum!
  7. D

1998 225PM Sport JSRE

Motor is sold. Thank you Allison Owners Forum! Delivered Motor this afternoon. Mike the stuff is out and ready for the mailman tomorrow.
  8. D

Torquemaster and Sportsmaster

Both of these units are 1.87 and fat shafts. They are in good condition. The SM has the built in top torque tab. I had it inspected and its all good inside. The Torquemaster is low hours. It has some minor pitting on the very bottom of the skeg and the torque tab. Asking 2500 for the...
  9. D

1998 225PM Sport JSRE

Not good at all but the prop I used had no ventilation. My 26 bravo 1 on the Opti worked very good up to 60.
  10. D

I will find out tonight. Are you asking about the Pro Max or one of my lower units? A guess for...

I will find out tonight. Are you asking about the Pro Max or one of my lower units? A guess for the motor would be around 300 dollors and the lower units under 100. David 214 629 7124
  11. D

1998 225PM Sport JSRE

Yes, I got scared. Not really but things started going by quicker than I wanted. I ran the PM up to 88 with the wrong prop (Bravo 1 28p) and a coned torquemaster and it was a handful. The gas tank started dropping faster than I was used to also. I found a 200XS a friend of Joe had in Alabama...
  12. D

1998 225PM Sport JSRE

New price. 6000.
  13. D

PROPS: Chopper II and Tempest Plus

PM sent.
  14. D

1998 225PM Sport JSRE

I do have the records from the rebuild. It has mercury top pinned pistons. Five cylinders .015 over and a new sleeve on one hole which is the same size. The injectors were sent to Brucato for cleaning and flow test. The cylinders are: 1 139 @ 5% Leakdown 2 137 @ 2% 3 140 @ 5% 4 152 @ 4% 5 140...
  15. D

200xs

Motor is sold. Thanks Joe. Motor is almost home - 1300 miles in 24 hours. Thanks to guys at Steele Creek Marine for loading the motor. Me and my wife saw the USS Alabama while in Mobile. The worst thing to happen today is the windshield wiper fluid light came on. I am tired. Gotta go and...