Recent content by fastglass1

1. fastglass1

2024 May Rally ... Lets talk about it!

Lake 50 feet down and rising. Are John and I the only ones interested in a rally?
  2. fastglass1

More Upgrades

It has been so quiet here I thought I would share my latest upgrade on my old Stroker. As a Christmas present to myself, I had the seat re-covered. They are a much better match to the Purple Fade.
  3. fastglass1

Really quiet around here. Where is everyone?
  4. fastglass1

I have been staying at Shasta Lake Motel in Lakehead. Nice people that own it and our rooms this last May were only $95 per night for a single. As they were not very busy, I think they might give us a good group rate for next year. It is not directly on the lake, but Antlers Resort Launch is...
  5. fastglass1

2021 war rally

What a beautiful week at Shasta. Lake was full, weather was great, and fishing was good. Missed seeing everyone.
  6. fastglass1

2021 war rally

It is 7 feet below full pool and counting. Should be full by the time I get there in May.
  7. fastglass1

2021 war rally

It has been almost a year since anyone has posted. Shasta has gone from 140 feet down to 15 feet down. :cool: I have a trip to Shasta planned for the week of May 14 to May 20. Going to stay at the Shasta Lake Motel in Lakehead. I'll be fishing with my son and great grandson. The last couple of...
  8. fastglass1

2021 war rally

I was thinking about going to Shasta next week, but decided not too. Gas $4.60 local and $5.30 in Redding (Roughly $400 for gas plus boat gas). Lake level down 120 feet. Last year it was $15 per day to launch. I think I'll stay close to home and catch smallmouth.
  9. fastglass1

2021 war rally

Sounds like fun. What's everyone else up to? I have been working and on weekends, fishing. Getting close to 400 fish boated this year. I have also done a lot of work on the boat. Working on the actuator for raising and lowering the hole shot plate. Just about got it but need to move the top...
  10. fastglass1

2021 war rally

Well it looks like i am the only one here, sort of. I am stay in Lakehead at the Shasta lake motel. Much better price. Only here until Wednesday. So far the fishing is good. My buddy got a 2.8 lb spot and I got a 4 lb CATFISH. Wish you all a good 2021. Hopefully we can have a rally...
  11. fastglass1

2021 war rally

So has anyone made reservation yet? I am thinking about going to Clear Lake the first part of the week and then going to Shasta mid-week. What are you all planning? Looks like Shasta will be very low but that does not hurt the fishing and running, just the launching.
  12. fastglass1

2021 war rally

In 2019 the lake came up 37 feet between the end a February and Mid-May. In 2020 it only came up a foot. Currently it is just under 100 feet down. Even if it comes up 30 to 40 feet, it is still going to be really low in Salt Creek. Might have to go to Bridge Bay to launch.
  13. fastglass1

2021 war rally

May need to go somewhere other than Shasta. I know some don't like Clear Lake but I would enjoy going there.
  14. fastglass1

2021 war rally

Still nearly 100 feet down. I would think it might get to 40 ft down unless we get a lot of rain.
  15. fastglass1

2021 war rally

So to get ready for the 2021 fishing season, I have been doing a lot of work on the boat. It started out as a simple effort to find a leak and put a stop to it. It turned into a major project. Removed the gas tank, replaced 2 pumps, replaced 2 valves, replaced the bilge pump float switch...