Recent content by flatout

1. flatout

XB21 Prosport with 300XS and offshore mid. What about side steering?

Im putting a 2016 300 XS on my ProSport and im thinking of replacing the Seastar with the Imco or Laitham side steering . Any recommendations?
  2. flatout

Want to Buy Performer 4 bullet cut 29" or 30"

Looking for new or used Performer 29" or 30" for my XB21 Prosport. I have a 3 blade hydromotive 29" for sale. It used to be a 4 blade!
  3. flatout

250XS 2006 High RPM Misfire

I replaced all the coils.
  4. flatout

250XS 2006 High RPM Misfire

Has anyone else had this problem? WOT loss of power that feels like a misfire. I did everything. new plugs, new wires, new fuel lines, new fuel filter, new fuel pump disassembled and cleaned everything. Still no better. I put my bore camera in the cylinders and found the top two cylinder liners...
  5. flatout

How do others describe your boat?

One of the more ominous comments I remember is when I asked a buddy of mine, Mike Seburn if he wanted to go for a ride in my 2003. He commented "I'm not getting in that death trap!" He was killed that year after being ejected out of a Triton he was thinking of buying he was test driving. It got...
  6. flatout

250 vs 300 XS

What are the differences between the 250XS and the 300XS? Can a 250 be easily hopped up to a 300?
  7. flatout

Angler of the year

Well I did it! After coming in 2nd for the last couple of years I finally won the "Angler of the year" title in my series. www.temiskamingsmallmouthbass.com I caught 102.2 lbs over 6 tournaments that's an average of 3.4 lb. per fish. That's a lot of smallies!!! Biggest fish I caught so far...
  8. flatout

A-rig in Canada????

In Ontario you are allowed up to 4 hooks on one line per person.
  9. flatout

Lithium Ion Batteries = Ho much speed

Im seriously considering replacing the 3 tired group 31 batteries I currently run with the latest lithium ion batteries. Pricy but I ame star struck with the advantages. 150 lb weight saving, more power, no voltage drop, 3 hour recharge time, 10 year life expectancy, better hole shot, 2-3 mph...
  10. flatout

no frills xb21

My Promax was modified and had high compression. Im sure a stock fresh motor is reliable but I had to screw with it!!!! It suffered the dreaded locator pin failure a few times. and needed sleeves twice as a result. Also the regulators burnt a couple of times and the lower unit needed to be...
  11. flatout

needed

Unless there is a wrecked hull somewhere with good seats to salvage I doubt anyone would part with their bucket seats. The OEM Allison seats new are a good deal and will increase the value of your boat by more than the cost of the seats so the investment is well worth it in my opinion. Good...
  12. flatout

no frills xb21

As you get older the creature comforts become more attractive and the search for the last ounce of speed diminishes. I had a great XB2003 with a 225 promax. It beat everything around and was a fun ride but it was high maintenance. (Sort of like my last girlfriend). I finally ran out if spare...
  13. flatout

Fuel line dilema

I have a 06 250XS and i had a problem with fuel delivery at WOT. The motor would scoot up to mid 80s and then start losing rpm. I would ease up on the throttle and the power came back somewhat. This problem seemed to get worse every outing so I did the obvious. Changed the filter looked for...
  14. flatout

may sell xb21 bassport pro next year

Can you post a couple of pics? I may be ready next year to sell my XB21 Prosport and go to a Basssport Pro.
  15. flatout

That time of year again

Well this time I won the tournament by myself. The ottawa river is a big run (53 miles) down to where I found these fish. My brother didn't show up so I did the tournament by myself. 85 mph got me there in 40 minutes. First fish was the big one on top water. The rest came on tubes. I won by 4 lb...