Recent content by G Allen

1. G

Ultrex woes again...'bye Bird and hello Garmin...

On to the next chapters... a bit of bad luck trending and continuing...to my immediate anger and long term learning...went out, third time I got to use it... the thousand dollar transducer cable got snagged by a rod butt and ended up being carelessly caught unseen in a motor mount pinch point...
  2. G

Home made squids behind dodgers for the Kokes. Trout like them as well.
  3. G

Yes, got your humor, but not a lot that day, post front weather patterns. I never ever saw a fish swim to and hit my presentation on a fish finder screen before. The cutthroat that I saw on screen was within the 15-22 inch slot limit, at 18 colorful inches and over well over three pounds he...
  4. G

Update....Gary, I don't get to joyfully destroy it after all. The tech did his work right. I owe one here, was wrong, so I absolutely apologize. I'm actually a bit let down, I was really looking forward to going John Henry on the damn thing with my splitting maul and getting some night shots...
  5. G

This forum's software autocorrect for s h i t...... is panda. The story got better today, splash time. I got up 530 after loading all the gear back in. Went to the best spot on the lake to begin fishing...The MK was DOA would not switch on AT ALL. Got back home took off the front bow...
  6. G

Will do...but likely won't be using the Garmin to full potential, I need to get a memory card installed and then download the latest factory software... Oh, yeah, that's the new thing with today's fish finding chart plotters, you pretty much need to shake hands with the manufacturer;s website...
  7. G

My factory reconditioned, bought new MK Ultrex had a second, catastrophic failure about 3 weeks ago, at about 300 hours of operation. I found about it on the water at the beginning of my fishing day and had to go home. The steering went all the way to one side and would not be budged. Turns...
  8. G

Transducer mount

What I like o do is to glue a chunk of starboard to the transom with silicone glue and drill into the starboard to mount transducers as needed.
  9. G

New Allison XTB 21 owner

You are really going to have a lot of fun with that one!
  10. G

2021 war rally

Yup, fall fooligans freak show. Epic to be there!
  11. G

The new 250 SHO

Jason Wolf has been running a hopped up SHO for a while, think it's currently mounted on an XB2003 IIRC. That motor has a sport master gear case custom fit to the Yammie mid done up by Jason. Not the exact answer to your question, but FWIW that motor sounds pretty cool on clips and moves the...
  12. G

2021 war rally

I'll have to order their special hook to put on the robotic arm so I can clip a snap on carabiner at the end of a steel cable to the fairy hook on the back of his shirt and yank him back up while consuming adult beverages and other unnamed items.
  13. G

Xtb 21 preferred jackplate setback

Highest and therefore slowest of the bunch XTB21 reporting in from 6400 to 7600 ft elevation home waters... FWIW, my '89 has fixed factory jack plate, 14 inch set back, propshaft center even with bottom of pad, 225 pro max vst delete. Three group 29, 2 port ,one SB will be replaced. 100 ah...
  14. G

2021 war rally

Got both my shots done I am coming out for sure for the week, If there is a lodging shut down, great, I have a 4 season tent and killer camping gear if I don't get a nice used truck bed camper in time for my new to me 8 foot bed 2015 Ram dually 3500 4wd. I'll set up in the woods or on an island...
  15. G

Allison owner

Look on this forum under "Questions about Allison Boats" near the top the Red book is found there as a .pdf file.