Recent content by glassman

1. G

225 omc performance upgrade

Here is what I can suggest that you can do while working with your local shops, vendors, etc. Back in the day (like 20+ years ago) we had a bunch of guys running 200XP's and 225's. Our simple cheap (and good) setup was gutting the air box, rejetting the carbs, cleaning up the ports and cutting...
  2. G

Nice Mazco RE3 28

One of my buddies has asked me to try and sell his 28 pitch Mazco RE3. This prop has been sitting on the shelf for years since he sold his Cougar tunnel a long time back. It is a small shaft version. I am not sure what it is worth. If anyone is interested I will take some pictures.
  3. G

Snow!!

Looks good but what was the temp? We have not had snow since MONDAY here in balmy Edmonton!!!!!! What lake was the pic taken on? Nice rig BTW.
  4. G

Finally got her in water!!!

Not sure what year Merc switched from small shaft to large. Anyway FWIW I have a really nice 28 small shaft Mazco 28 RE3 that I never use. Belongs to a buddy who sold his Cougar years ago. I prefer to use a 30 Chopper II (Grandsport 225 Mariner Supermag-PM), but I rarely tow anything.
  5. G

Anybody got a 28 chopper II for sale

Got a 28 Mazco RE3. Small shaft tho.
  6. G

Grandsport gauges?

Been running a Nordskog analog 90 mph GPS speedo for a few years now. Its great. Love the fact that there's no needle bounce ever. Its fun to take somebody new out in the boat and stick the speedo needle on the end and watch their reaction.If I am testing I use my Garmin.
  7. G

Transom Savers

Hi Whip You should think about a 2 x 8. Really. I know what the roads in Northern BC can be like. I just lay a foot wide piece of 2 x 8 on my trim rams and lower the motor till its tight. A couple years ago the guys in my shop decided to move my boat with the forklift while I was not around...
  8. G

02 with 300

Don't know what you'd want a 300XS for anyway, except that you can't buy a 225 Pro Max anymore. My bud has spent a whole season trying to get his 300XS 20' Hydrostream tunnel pass my Super Mag 225 GS and its not happening. He's hearing Merc has pulled the plug on having the 300's perform...
  9. G

whatever happened to John Richeid?

Whippy your whacked! boats don't go on snow (or ice). I checked my lake today, still mostly open (we have a coal fired power plant dumping hot water in the lake). Temp about 28F, just a skiff of snow. I couldda rolled the boat down the ramp and gone for a run-not happening!
  10. G

Timming Q on 96 225ProMax?

Still think you should sell me that motor before you blow it up! Terry
  11. G

Timming Q on 96 225ProMax?

They never worked on a ProMax before!! You are screwed!!!!!!!!!!! Immediately with no delays, sell me your motor before it is damaged beyond repair by your unqualified repair shop. I promise to have the timing set correctly and have your (my?) Promax well looked after for the balance of its...
  12. G

Need help with this speedometer

I put a Nordskog GPS speedo in my Grandsport after I broke the second pickup. It fit right in the hole where the pos medallion speedo came out of and I luv it! No more needle bounce ever and no junk hanging on my dash or wheel. Cool to see the speedo needle at 3 mph as you are going thru the no...
  13. G

Some Vacation pics

Hey Whip I'm bettin the resort is Tween Lakes on Kalamalka? We used to stay there when I had my Jonnyrude Hydostream.
  14. G

Boat of the Month

Congrads Whip. Hey where's the pics? I'd like to take a look. Terry