Recent content by jim brinkley

1. J

Spark Plugs

I run Br8Hs in my Drag motors and set the gap on 30. Never have had any problems. Jim
  2. J

Bow eye broke

Never had one break but loosen up a lot of times. It's not easy to get too. Small skinny frame person with long arm's. LOL Good Luck Jim
  3. J

Scott Jordan CF Ally

We would be glad for Scott to try the rope. Might like it. Jim
  4. J

Smokin In The Cove Pics

I think you are right Strip. I think we were the only Allison that won. It was not because the others were not tough. Most all of us just ran too quick. We ended up putting in 183 lbs just to get in the 8.0 bracket. Finally won second chance. Lots of hard running. Not a better race in the...
  5. J

Smokin In The Cove Pics

Strip it was nice meeting you. The pictures look great. Hope to see you again next year. Jim
  6. J

Summer Thunder 2010 in the Heart of Oklahoma, Purcell, will be 14,15 & 16 May 2010

Re: Summer Thunder 2010 in the Heart of Oklahoma, Purcell, will be 14,15 & 16 May 201 All I have to say about a full size boat like Allison, STV, Triad,and Mirages going even in low nine's with no spray is highly impossible in a full quarter mile. I have not seen it in all my years of being...
  7. J

Summer Thunder 2010 in the Heart of Oklahoma, Purcell, will be 14,15 & 16 May 2010

Re: Summer Thunder 2010 in the Heart of Oklahoma, Purcell, will be 14,15 & 16 May 201 Mumford does not spray. This race that we qualified #1 in Purcell is 1000' feet not 1320. Bill is right about any outboard that can run any lower ET in a quarter mile has to spray. We don't spray either. We...
  8. J

10 seconds

Also if he was trying to run a 1000' in 10 seconds and if he could do it, then that would mean that he can run a full 1320' in 12 seconds with no problem. Jim
  9. J

battery location in XR

Weight distribution in an XR is very critical. Hell, I go into the boat and find bottles of water half full and throw them out. LOL It also depends on what prop you are trying to run. Most all of us are running Yamaha or Yamaha type props. Props make a difference also. Everyone on here that has...
  10. J

SDBA in Waco update!!!

Bill, I do have a lot of parts and you are welcome to anything I can help you with. I sure like the clock you gave Mike (RLR) LOL If you can find another I'll pay you for one like it. I don't need it for practice because my practice day"s stopped a long time ago. Have had 3 back surgeries and...
  11. J

SDBA in Waco update!!!

Flying Butcher, That tail wind will get you every time. When you have a lot of boats on the rope then the tail wind will bow the rope forward. You have to push back with your arms straight to try and leave on the same number. Your boat looked real good out there on the water running. Good luck...
  12. J

SDBA Rule Changes in 2007!

Only for the faster capsule boats not our classes. Jim PS Happy Birthday Rocket. Jim
  13. J

1997 260

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Must be asleep
  14. J

Allison Decals?

:D No we don't want to scare everyone away.LOL Jim
  15. J

SDBA Drag Boat Racing 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This picture should be on Scream & Fly's( FLYING BOAT OF THE MONTH). Sure is high. Jim