Recent content by Lchunt

1. L

1989 XTB - $9,500

Allison sold. Stratos 180VT hull with shabby paint job still available. Take $1000 for hull and trailer. Don’t forget it has $500 worth of new seats. Driver, jump seat, passenger, front leaning and pedestal.
  2. L

1989 XTB - $9,500

I also have a 1987 stratos 180VT hull and trailer to go along with this deal. I paid a guy to remove the foam from the tunnels and paint it and it was a shabby looking paint job. I never finished it. Has $500 worth of brand new seats in it.
  3. L

1989 XTB - $9,500

Have my 1989 XTB for sale. Currently powered by 1990 Merc 200EFI (All cylinders at 120 psi) coned and lwp w/Allison plane plate. Has Seastar Pro hydraulic steering on it since this spring. Also have a blown up (after 20 hours) 225 Promax with Sportmaster I got from Reynolds Racing that can go...
  4. L

Guidance for newbie

Thanks for the guidance xb...... I’m trying to be patient but I wanna go fast. The heart wants it but the boys say NO! I guess the front weight laid a little more center line in the water and provided the stability. Now I’m just dragging more boat so rpm is being punished I reckon. Latest snag...
  5. L

Guidance for newbie

Update on the XTB21- put the Allison planer and the 26 trophy on the 225. Running 1/2” below the pad. It is instantly on plane now. Been moving weight around. A lot of trial and error but settled on 100lbs in the front compartment, 2 batteries middle, one on port far rear and now it’s very...
  6. L

Guidance for newbie

I’m -1 below the pad now. Have 12” hydraulic plate and I measured prop off when I had it in the shop. I’m in the next to top hole on plate and top hole on motor. Looks like it would only go up to 1/2” above peaked out. The 27” pro max on the 225 slips a bit getting on plane. It has one vent plug...
  7. L

It’s a long read but must be told

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yep - got new tight neoprene vests and always wear the shut off lanyard. I’m pee pants scared of it right now anyway. I’ve had several bass “barges” since the tunnel vees of my youth and this is a new world. It feels like your riding a potato chip once you pass 65...
  8. L

Guidance for newbie

Thanks slomofo. Already helping the new guy. Strange results today. I went from a 200EFI with a 26 trophy to the 225 pro max with a 27 pro max and lost 4mph. I was running 5500 at 74mph on the old motor. Now running 5200 at 70 but couldn’t get trimmed up without getting super sketchy on the...
  9. L

Guidance for newbie

Bought an old 89 XTB that had what I guess is the original 200 EFI on it. Got it running and it runs pretty good but had a 225 pro max that I put on it yesterday. My question relates to the LU on both these motors. The 225 has what appears to be a stock Sporty LU on it. The 200 has an extra...
  10. L

It’s a long read but must be told

Ok - I’m Fred. New to this forum and want to tell a story of how I arrived at this place. Just over a year ago I started telling my adult (26yo) son about some of my youth that hasn’t been blotted out since I am a follower of Christ. He was mesmerized by the story of a 1980’s Laser LTV bass boat...