Recent content by matt931

1. matt931

Swift bass boat

Anyone know anything about swift bass boats? I found one a couple of years ago and my dad bought it. 1990 model single console 20 foot boat. It fishes nice and has a lot of room. It came with an xp150 evinrude but it's rated for a 250. It rides great and seems to handle rough water well. No jack...
  2. matt931

Wood transom

Let me apologize for this long post in advance. I can't say for certain any facts about any other year or model of Allison boats but I can tell anyone reading what I know as a fact about wooden transoms. This post is meant for anyone searching the forum asking questions about whether or not any...
  3. matt931

Nosecone mod question from a newbie

I did not know that. That's one of the things I've been curious about. I guess if I learn to drive with a stock lower unit then switch to a coned lower, then I will have to start the learning process over. I assume I'll over correct with a coned lower if I learn with a stock one.
  4. matt931

Thanks for the info guys. I figured having the modifications done to the cle would be my best bet. I'll probably have to wait a while to have it done, maybe next fall. It'll take all my extra time and funds to get the old boat back together and water ready. I really appreciate the advice guys.
  5. matt931

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I've read the red book over and over again. The info it contains is incredible no doubt. I'm just wondering if I should wait until I become familiar with the boat/motor and setup and learning to drive before I get the gear case coned or buy a modified lower unit since...
  6. matt931

Is it worth the investment to have a nosecone mod done to a stock cle lower unit if speeds above 90 mph aren't expected? The boat is an '88 xb2002 side steer sport console 12 inch rapid jack and the engine is a '96 2.5 225 efi mariner super magnum 20 inch mid. I have not driven this boat at all...
  7. matt931

Cle or sportmaster??

If the drain is in the front is it a cle??
  8. matt931

Cle or sportmaster??

Thanks for the info guys. It has the drain plug in the front so I guess I have a cle. The guy I bought the boat and engine from said the lower unit had been modified for an Allison. The tip of the nose looks different to me than others I've seen. I haven't had this rig in the water yet. I bought...
  9. matt931

Cle or sportmaster??

Dumb question I'm sure but I thought I had a sportmaster but now I'm not sure. I saw a post saying all sportmaster LU have a diode above the plate but this one doesn't. Does that mean it's a cle? It has four water pickups on the bottom front and none on the side.
  10. matt931

Spinelli question??

Thanks for the reply. After looking at this prop in better lighting and a little cleaning, I actually found writing on it. It looks like it was written by hand with an electric engraving tool. I do not have in front of me but it said something like "custom prop spinelli bros Rochester NY 11/97"
  11. matt931

Spinelli question??

Do all spinelli props say spinelli on the side of the hub? I have one that came with the boat I bought and the guy I bought it from said it is a spinelli but it doesn't say anything anywhere except the size on the back of the prop hub. 14 1/2 x 29 DR
  12. matt931

Sea star pro steering

I've been trying to keep an eye out on the boards for a little bit of everything! I know I'll need a lot of stuff before this project is done!! I'm the guy with the xb02 with the weak wooden transom. I dropped it off at the factory about two weeks ago to be redone.
  13. matt931

Sea star pro steering

I wish it was $950 with hoses!! The sea star pro with the 5345 cylinder is $899 usually but it's on sale for $859. Or you can get the 6345 for $999. That's without hoses. A set of 18 ft Kevlar hoses is $206 I think. So we're back at the $1200 mark. Fore and aft marine is the name of the place...
  14. matt931

Sea star pro steering

I may order the whole system this week. I found a place that offers the big cylinder as an upgrade for around $100.