Recent content by Mercfan

1. M

yellow /black 1996 xtb-21

brad robinsons #423-421-4012
  2. M

xb 2003 set back

2003 set back Thanks for all the help! Will take it out at 12 inches + the Short Shaft then decide where it needs to be from there.
  3. M

xb 2003 set back

Guys just bought a 2003 Ally and will be running a 280 ss on it. I have plates to run either 12 inches of set back or 15. With the extra 2 inches of the short shaft would 15 inches + the ss be too much. Please help?
  4. M

Better keep your 2.5

Etec Yellow, you are right about any test, BUT, The Yamaha, Merc, and Bomb techs were there. I personally no someone who has the new Etec and he likes it but now wishes he would have saved about 5 Grand and bought the Merc. He bought the Etec on the promise that it would outperform the Merc as...
  5. M

Better keep your 2.5

Etec Hey bomb! What you been smokin? You have to compare apples to apples and that's what happened in the test Bass and Walleye did. Every one had plenty of time to get their motor ready and the Merc flat out smoked the Etec and had more gas left in the tank when they were through. The etec is...
  6. M

Jay @JSRE

Jay Smith Guys, I have never done business with Jay but I have talked to him several times by phone. He always shoots you straight up even if it hurts. I talked to him the other day for almost 30 minutes and he helped me a lot. He is first class all the way!