Recent content by Mickey3

1. M

New to Allison

Update: Took motor apart and measured the bores and they are in spec with the exception of 6 and 4, they are a bit out of round. Plus the nic is scored in two bores that catch your finger nail. US Chrome will no longer accept blocks from individuals, so I asked Michael Clemmons in Augusta to...
  2. M

New to Allison

This is why you take a used motor apart: Before I picked up my pistons yesterday I pulled both heads to confirm that all the sleeves are the same material and found that # 6 piston was about to come completely apart. Looks like the previous owner ran it a good while without knowing about # 6...
  3. M

New to Allison

I totally agree. Rodney Nance in Hixon TN just let me know my pistons are in, I will pick them up on Wednesday, looks like Promarine has rod bolts in stock so I should be able to get everything I need fairly soon. Thank you for the advice. Here is a pic of the powerhead.
  4. M

New to Allison

Leak down results: 1-2 % Debating about a refresh now. Looking to locate parts and get an idea of what expense will be involved. Just thought I would post a picture of my fishing boa.
  5. M

New to Allison

I intend to paint the cowl and mid soon. Here are a few pics:
  6. M

New to Allison

Great advice. I have a leak down tester ordered, should be in next week. I did pull the exhaust chest cover and looked at the rings. I only see the tiniest bit of gold showing see attached pic. I would really hate to let them get sharp and ruin the nic. What do you think?
  7. M

New to Allison

Hello everyone. Around the first of the year I picked up a nice xb 2002 with a ss 280. Coming from a tunnel v with a 200 that I have owned since new, driving the 02 has been a learning experience. Dave Hensley has been very helpful and hooked me up with some quality used parts, and good...
  8. M

2000 Model 225pm

Thank you.
  9. M

2000 Model 225pm

Call or text me when you get a chance. Wendell 865-406-9296