Recent content by redman12

1. R

Where do you live?

Burnsville ms. Home of the big ditch (the Tombigbee waterway) about 12 mi. from J.P. Coleman park
  2. R

Gauges For Sale!

chad, redman here i,ll take the pyrometer if it has the leads. Just let me know how to pay.
  3. R

New Allison Owner - XTB-21 1988 - Need Help

Congrats Newell the two outside are probably hooked together in the trolling motor plug or the motor to get your 12-24V. I had a XTB-21 before the 2003 these are nice boats. Just weight the off side and enjoy it.
  4. R

Short

thats right mine has the breaker fastened on the wing nut and accessories on the other. If you have voltege on the bat, side and not on the other the breaker is kicked or bad. You can't see the reset tit its on the very end real small about 1/8" dia. feel or take it off the wing nut if its this...
  5. R

Short

that should be a cicuit breaker. check on each end and see if there is a little tit sticking out, if it is see if you can push it in and reset it.
  6. R

hyd. steering

Buy it from Allison, everyting comes with it. new wheel and all. I don't thinkthis includes the trim switch. I bought the double (turn signal type on both sides of the wheel) its nice too.
  7. R

hyd. steering

fastbasser mine is a 2003. wasn't much trouble at all. the biggest job is getting the old cables out and I think most just hacksaw the ends. just tie a string, wire etc. to the old cable to pull the hoses in with. I ran mine out he back with lines and such and crossed them at the cylinder. made...
  8. R

hyd. steering

ran the boat today, man that sure beats wrestling with the cabels. the slack on the motor end isn,t enough to even worry about. probably less than 5/8" movement on the wheel end.
  9. R

hyd. steering

Ally the slack seems to be at both. you can shake the moto and see just a little movement on cylinder to rod, just a few thousants. I wouldn't think it would be over 1/4" at the propshaft. I will check tommorow. I don't think it will effect the handling. Just wondering if this was normal.
  10. R

hyd. steering

run $1345 with the double trim switch. Be carefull and don't spill that oil! you don't want to waste much of that stuff//
  11. R

hyd. steering

Just finished putting hyd. steering from Allison on my 03 I have bleed the system out. it has just a very very small amount of movement in the cylinder. is this normal or do i still have a little air?
  12. R

Rev limiter & heads

ok, here I go again. just got my boat back from the shop having my motor checked out. everything ckecked out good by a good certified merc. mech. seems like my problem on the rpms is that everything I see says that max rpms for this motor is 6200-6500 r's (98 225 supermag) that is what the tag...
  13. R

"Heavier" 03 ProSport???

my 95 say tourniment to does anyone know of any other differences in them?????
  14. R

Rev limiter & heads

thanks all. That's kind of what I have been thinking about. Have been there with the hot rods, had 468 big blouck 67 SS chevelle more compression most of the times means more air,more gas, more exaust,more trouble, may just run it and enjoy it. thanks again for all the input!! I am thinking...
  15. R

Rev limiter & heads

the motor is bone stock. it don't seem like it has ever run like I read on these post. I hardly ever run wide open, I'm moving on toward those senior citz. discounts. know what I mean? but I have a young son 35 or so that dont care to air it out. have the sporsmaster at J.C."s getting it woked...