Recent content by smooth

1. S

Wanted Low back bucket for Ally

I know one of you guys has a bucket for sale!!!!
  2. S

Wanted Low back bucket for Ally

I have a XTB that has the stock low back seat. I would like another one...want to try something. Hopefully it would come with foam and a gray cover!
  3. S

XTB Setup Questions

As I understand it my motor makes the most power at 6400 and drops off from there...It is a regular 2.5 200 upper with promax exhaust and a 7 pedal front. It has no rev limiter. What kinda of water pressure are you guys seeing at idle are WOT My boat has new livorsi SP? gauges and at idle it...
  4. S

XTB Setup Questions

was running with two on board. boat may need a little balance work but i felt it was pretty good. Ran great up till you passed the 5500 rpm mark then and it just wanted to chine a little till you just had to get out of the throttle. will try 3/8 below the pad this weekend and should have...
  5. S

XTB Setup Questions

I have a 86 XTB 92 200 merc bobs low water and promax exhaust. 12 in setback propshaft 1 inch below pad 14.5x28 hoss I can easily turn this prop to 6600 with very little trim...the boat seems to want to get loose or chine walk very time i try and run it out. Am i too far below...
  6. S

86 XTB prop help

We will see.... I dont have a promax just the normal 2.5 so about 6400 is as hard as she can turn before losing power.....I am looking for a affordable prop right now just to run the boat and get some real world numbers before i spend the jack for a custom prop. Anyone got a 27 or 28 chopper...
  7. S

86 XTB prop help

I dont have any ideas on weight yet. I am going to weigh it soon. from what i have read the hull weighs about 900-925 right? I dont carry much gear in my boats..couple rods 1 box and thats about it.
  8. S

86 XTB prop help

Maybe 90 is not possible with only 200 pony's butni am going to give it a shot and if i dont get there i can always cut the heads or mod it in other ways!
  9. S

86 XTB prop help

Located in Jacksonville Fl. Main use for the boat is fishing...but i am a speed junkie and will be looking for every last MPH i can get! It will be my goal to get this boat in the low 90's on this 200 motor.. I just don't know anybody with props to try.
  10. S

86 XTB prop help

Will post pics tomorrow. would a yami drag not be a good idea?
  11. S

86 XTB prop help

I have a 86 XTB with 12" set back...200 Carb Merc....Promax mid...stock case with bobs low water pickup. I need some serious help picking a prop..I test drove the boat on a 24 pitch 4 blade prop that belonged to a off shore boat so I have no numbers to give you. I heard a yami drag prop...