Recent content by Tim Sykes

1. T

Vessel View instead of Merc Monitor and gauges?

Hey guys, I just put my Lowrance HDS 12 behind the steering wheel on my 2013 XB21 and for I don't see why anyone would want to keep the gauges if you can have all the gauge functions on the graph using Vessel view instead . Last summer I installed the Merc monitor 500.00 gauge that does...
  2. T

power poles or talons on xb21

So curiously enough what’s the real speed difference with them powerpoles on or off? No one really has a straight answer on this. I would love to hear it from someone who did both.
  3. T

Red Propoles set Gen 1, set of 2 work great complete w/brackets

Hey guys, I have a set of Power poles on my Bassport pro and I am thinking of selling the complete set. They work great but I don't really think they are for me. I am swapping out my trolling motor for spot lock and these do not really fit my fishing style. The boat they are on has 50 hours on...
  4. T

82 Lb 24V Motorguide Digital tour & maybe 2 Optima trollers (or HDS 12 trade)

Hi guys, I have a 82 LB Motorguide Digital tour edition trolling motor 930011020 (app 900.00-1100.00 new) & 2 Optima SC27DM trolling batteries (app 300.00 each cost). I bought the boat used and it only has 50 hours on the boat total so the troller looks new and the batteries were great the last...
  5. T

Cranking battery specs used Bassport 250XS in lead acid and possibly Lithium

Hey guys, When I got my ally I think the guy just stuck a cranking battery in it that was not right. What do most of you run as the cranking battery in lead acid? I do have 3 graphs too and propoles. PS: I would also like to know if anyone is running a lithium battery as a starter as well and...
  6. T

Any newer 2 + 2 boats for sale or possible trade for Bassport pro?

Hi Guys, I am just kicking tires here. I would love to have a 2 + 2 newer model as it might fit my lifestyle better. I have a 12 Bassport pro very low hours that I might would trade. I am just seeing what is out there.....
  7. T

Lowrance and Pinpoint vs Humminbird and Minnkota

thanks Tim. I have also being looking at motor guide Pinpoint trollers. I actually use to run for Pinpoint many years ago and it was good when it worked. That would be an easy change for me because i have an 8,9 and 12 graph. I dont think the ultrex is the TM that is automatic but I could be...
  8. T

Finally got my Lithium Pro!!!

Sounds awesome. Which ones did u go with and what kinda speed increase. Thanks
  9. T

Lowrance and Pinpoint vs Humminbird and Minnkota

Hey guys, So on my 2012 Ally Bassport I have Lowrance 8,9 and 12 graphs and the motor guide trolling motor. I really would love to have the Motorguide ulterra with ipilot trolling motor but to do that I would need to swap out my Lowrance for Hummingbird and I just dont know how good they are...
  10. T

Gotcha, I am just curious what everyone thinks about Lithium batteries, the kinds and if they are really worth it. They sure seem awfully expensive tho... Maybe I should start another post about them. Let me look first
  11. T

Am I reading this right that you replaced your two trolling motor batteries with one Lithium battery and you then moved your cranking battery up front where there used to be the two trolling motor batteries to? A couple questions? Whats your opinion on the Lithium batteries and 2nd did you...
  12. T

XB21 setup and props I got with the boat

How fast is your boat top speed wise? Also, do you have pro poles?
  13. T

Yeap, same person. Sorry I have been away for a while. Thats kinda what I found The Turbo seems to run pretty well. I think the real issue is the power poles honestly. About everyone I speak to says they scrub at least 4-5 MPH
  14. T

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. I think the pic might be a little deceiving. I am running there between two islands but I will definitely remember the tip Thanks
  15. T

That’s actually what I thought. Seems like the bow is not lifted much