Recent content by Volatile

1. Volatile

WTB Torquemaster prop shaft

I have a MINT one from a 2009 Sportmaster . List is $630. How does $325 sound? Its probably got less than 5 hours on it. 815-590-6738
  2. Volatile

hydraulic steering slack

Bleeding the system yourself>> Get 2 clear quart plastic clean bottles.Fill both 1/2 way full with Seastar or other hyd fluid. Marvel Mystery oil hs been used by some also. Use a tight fitting soft vinyl hose to cover the bleeder and run it BELOW the hyd fluid level in one bottle. At the helm...
  3. Volatile

XB2002 Chopper or ET?

Depends on the load, but the ET should work fine on the 02. The Mercury big ear choppers DO tend to break propshafts when surfaced (high propshaft height). On the 03, we've found the ET to be fast w/o load and the chopper2 or big ear to be fast with load. I'd plan on 7000 rpm or just under...
  4. Volatile

Mirage Quartermaster

Chris Alby had his up for grabs last year. You might want to check the Byuboyz site and scroll back through the posts. I have his number, I'll let him know you're looking for one.
  5. Volatile

Buffing textured finish

A long time XB2002 owner taught me a nice cheap trick to keep the textured areas in front and on the port and starboard step areas in back looking great. Scrub brush with baking soda to remove the old wax that may be trapped. Buy a can of clear spray paint. Done. Clean and reapply with...
  6. Volatile

280 rebuild time

Jas, Sorry if you took the reply wrong. Its just that people on some boards like to get into a pissing match over Jay at times, one board loves him, one board is not super fond of him and I did not want to see the thread go downhill. I wasn't trying to bossy, just stating some options. And...
  7. Volatile

260 block New Nikasil

Jeff, you are a funny guy......LOL . Duh....815-590-6738. You got that beasty ready for duty yet??
  8. Volatile

260 block New Nikasil

Geez seriously guys .... A new Nik block is $6500. No damage to this at all. Exhaust modded as well. We just sold a late model (which has the identical port timing) for $2600.
  9. Volatile

Backup Prop Suggestion ...please.

Most of the replies are from guys running GS's/ XB2003's. Lighter, smaller hull than yours. You also did not say if you are running the small or big hub Trophy. The small hub is the better runner, but not enough blade area for your hull IMO. The Trophy is really not more prone to cracking than...
  10. Volatile

Spinelli WTB

Love that signature Scott. PM me sometime about whatever you're driving now. Still looking for a NON fatshaft Spinelli. Some like em fat I guess........LOL
  11. Volatile

CLE 15" 4 hole RH

Sure Mike got it. thanks!
  12. Volatile

CLE 15" 4 hole RH

These would need a nosecone to run really fast on an Allison. Good to around 95mph safely. We have 2 CLE's, both 15" SS ready to run. Both are 1.87 RH full skeg fresh water with HD (aka Sportmaster) internals. 1.250 propshaft (not fatshaft) etc. One is off of an Allison SS w/225Pmax and has...
  13. Volatile

Spinelli WTB

Anyone have a decent 3 blade 28-30 for sale/ trade?
  14. Volatile

280 rebuild time

Marty......I have one of your 280 blocks from a few years back and its not stock ;) I think you ran Lake Racer with it maybe? Replated one. I have to agree on the rings. Some of the guys building like to sell things they can mark up> pistons, bearings, shipping, machine work. Usually just...
  15. Volatile

260/280 airhorns reed plates

Horns -digital $200 Plates $65 Side ecu brackets $65