Recent content by Whaaaaat

1. W

SS2000 Prop Selection

You probably can beat that, but only if you take advantage of your added rpm range. You will need to spend a lot of time testing setup and props. Try every prop you even think might work. I know your in search of a very specific prop, but in my opinion your chances of finding the perfect...
  2. W

SS2000 Prop Selection

No clue how they would compare. Mine is EFI with the ff block. FF is supposed to be very similar to pro max porting, should make good power further up the rpm range. Don't think it would spin to 8k. I don't want to try in stock form I would want new bearings inside and to message the ports...
  3. W

SS2000 Prop Selection

Bone stock Hill 30 drag 4. Sportmaster, not sure on my height above pad. Stock 200 fishing motor with limiter removed. Low 90s 6400 ish rpm. I need to get a recall tach as it's hard to watch all the gauges at speed. I am not a fan of how that prop handles in stock form. I would like more...
  4. W

SS2000 Prop Selection

If you want triple digit speed your going to need every bit of the rpm available. I don't think you'll want to drive the high pitch wheel you'll need to break 100mph at 7k rpm.
  5. W

SS2000 Prop Selection

If you are friends with Aenes? Did I spell correctly? Or someone with similar setup. I would try to borrow his fastest prop. If the engine isn't strong enough to pull a 28 all the way to the limiter with the 1.87 gears then it won't pull with the 1.75. The 1.75 will need more torque to...
  6. W

SS2000 Prop Selection

https://www.mercuryracing.com/propellers-overview/prop-slip-calculator.html With that high rpm limit you should be able to get over 100 with a good setup. 28 pitch and 1.87 lower.
  7. W

SS2000 Prop Selection

1.75 will be faster with the same prop as 1.87, just take longer to get up to speed. 1.75 will let you keep the pitch down on the prop which should help with the handling characteristics of the boat. What ecm in the xs? Know what your rev limiter is? 1.75 is what you should use if your just...
  8. W

SS2000 Prop Selection

Think I remember a thread of a guy in your same part of the globe with the same setup your talking about. It was a good detailed thread of his setup and prop experiments. Do a forum search, think he was chasing triple digit speed and was getting close
  9. W

Schit Habbens

25 my ass. That's a tough pill to swallow. I'd say that case is scrap metal. But 2.5 sporties in good shape are getting rare. It can be straightened and patched, by someone who knows what there doing, but could you ever trust it? A lost skeg at speed can be bad news.
  10. W

XS2003 hull question/progress

Boat looks great.
  11. W

Steel or aluminum? Rusty or white corrosion?
  12. W

What material was original H brace? What year hull?
  13. W

Bubble level or mechanical inclinometer?

Had this idea the other day, but longitudinally to see the attitude of the boat. Get a better feel for proper angle of attack. 6 degrees said the red book.
  14. W

2002 ss2000

Took me a couple tanks of gas to get mine over 65. 4 blades definitely makes a huge difference. It was like having 4 wheel drive. Read the red book from Allison!! It helps to understand what the boat wants. I think my main hurdle was over correcting for the chine walk at first, I finally...
  15. W

2003 Caret???

Look into Seadeck. It's finished padding. I'm a saltwater guy, never understood why anyone would want carpet on a boat?