Set up and preferred lower unit for new 21 XST single console.

Allioop

We have a 2017, 21 XST that just got finished being built should pick up next week we are going to run a Pro Xs 250. My question is which lower unit is the best and why with your experience and what prop and size. We have a new Titus lower with 1.75 we can use. We are New to the Allison boat my father and I have run Bullets for 36 years anxious to get into this new boat.
Thanks for your help.

1/ Torque master
2/ Titus lower installed on (torque master)
3/ Sport master 1.62 or 1.75

JWolff

Sportmaster 1.75 seems to be the lower of choice for most xb21 guys that have the option when they buy.

scj

Your boat looks amazing! Of course I'm partial to orange..........
Go with a sportmaster gearcase and either 1.62 or 1.75 depending on what props you have........

Allioop

I got to see it last Tuesday the boat was being put together I was ask not to take pictures it was finished yesterday I ask them to send me some pictures I ain't having any luck getting pictures.

Allioop

Your boat looks amazing! Of course I'm partial to orange..........
Go with a sportmaster gearcase and either 1.62 or 1.75 depending on what props you have........
Thank you I like your boat as well it's was sharp

xb03fs

Call or email Bill. Very responsive no matter how dumb my question is

scj

The orange trailer looks great! They set your boat on the trailer yesterday and I seen them wiping it all down so I guess it's complete.

Allioop

The orange trailer looks great! They set your boat on the trailer yesterday and I seen them wiping it all down so I guess it's complete.
Thank you, my dealer Chris at Rockdale Boat Mart told me it was ready to pick up I think he is going to pick it up Monday or Tuesday.

Allyfishing

Stay with a stock sportmaster gearcase. if you are a fishing first kinda guy and like to load the boat with gear and keep it that way then the 1.75 gears are a good choice. I load my boat with fishing stuff and never run it light and have 1.75 gears on mine. If you run light most of the time then go with the 1.62 but definitely go with a stock sporty!!

GotMyAlly

My vote is for a 1.62 sporty. You can always drop to a lower pitch prop to gain holeshot.

With the 1.75's, you have to run a really steep pitched prop for a light load/big top end number. I have always felt that the 32"+ props tend to have more paddle-wheel effect----not fun on the ragged edge.