GRANDSPORT or GRANDSPORT ELITE

smiley88

guys can anybody tell me the difference between a graandsport and graandsport Elite I am not exactly sure which one I have and just found out and was told that they are two different boats can anybody tell me what to look for on mine I appreciate your time thank you

RoseXB03

I think Elite has cushions instead of carpet on rear deck, 2 rear grab rails and maybe tri color gel, not sure what else...

whipper

Cushioned rear deck, Black wing tips, Black wind screen with lexan deflector,Depth Gage,ect.. Hears the list of extras....

The GrandSport Elite offers all standard features of the GrandSport Plus:
 Deluxe Single Axle Trailer (Tube or Channel)  Deluxe Spare Tire
 Elite-7 GPS (for speed, navigation, and water depth) (exchange GPS Speedometer)
 Elite Three-Color deck/ two-tone hull  Deluxe Sport Steering Wheel  Sun-Deck Pads
 Lexan Wind-visor (windshield)  Custom Ski Mirror  Soft-touch Custom Boat Cover

whipper

Ive seen some elites go for the same price as a standard GS. I think some people see the price someone is getting for a Standard and think thats what they should ask also yet they have more options. They are worth more like a base pick up with cloth seats no mags vs the loaded pick up with leather GPS ect... But to first time buyers a GS is a GS unless other wise informed. They are a relative bargain compared to a Chopper gun boat that will wither with rot one day. Mines turning 17 years old and everything still looks like new except the rear bench that can be replaced cheaply. Such a supreme designed boat. Even after 10+ years of ownership of mine I cant think of a better boat in this size range for the money. People who say some other boats are better in the 20ft range just haven't taken the time to truly examine what a GSE really is, is all. Power to weight there still to this day isn't any other Vee hull family ski boat as quick or capable of there top speed with less power. Put a 225 promax on any other 20ft vee hull other than an Allison and lets see who wins that race. Cant think of any other 20fter that can come close to the sheer quickness a GS,SS,XR2002,XB2002,XR2001,XS2003 with a 200xs or a 225 promax in a Vee hull 20ft. There are a few shorter hulls with the same power that come close but nothing i can think of over 20ft still to this day from 1992 until 2017 has ever been able to mach an Allison's Vee Hulls performance with the least amount of power. All of the above mentioned hulls can reach 100 mph with a 225 PM except maybe the XB2003 though some have with the troller off and a good day and prop. The now extinct Triad V21 was the only other non Allison hull to ever come close buy .01 mph in a shoot out with promax,s against a GS. The SS and the XR,s would eat it for breakfast with the same power though. Allison,s are worth every penny!

Last edited:

FloridaGS

Well stated Whipper....had many boats that came close, but for space and pulling and speed and gas mileage, try as you may and you will learn what an Allison has been all the way through 2017....the best lake and river boat for the size.

whipper

Ya its kinda strange. Had a buddy tell me his 22ft wake setter a behemoth of a boat was so smooth in rough water. I went for many rides in that boat and in boat traffic wake boat infested waters he did ok at 18-20mph. he would try to open it up to 30 and it was bashing hard shaking your brain every wave!! Cost him 120 grand!! i got dropped off at my boat went right back out in the same water and at 35mph i was way smoother. At his speed 20-25mph or barley on plain LOL I could have handled way more. When there giant waves from surfers in every direction i think we go to fast because 25-30 is soooooo slow!! Thats WOT for most boats and they take a beating at there top speeds. I can usually handle anything at 45 mph but most boats not only cant go that fast they would break running in what we can at that speed. Then theirs the mornings or now after labour day the lakes get quite and the whole reason we love Allisons is exemplified 10000 times!! As we scoot 80-100mph across a glassy lake like a magic carpet ride with acceleration only matches buy some of the fastest hot rod cars all thoughts of ever needing a bigger boat disappear as fast as the lake behind you. This was yesterday. only boat on the lake.

whipper

As pkstv noted before the tandem trailer adds most of the $$ difference from a GS or GSE. All the same in every way really and you dont need a Tandem trailer to pull one of these also so just personal preference more than anything. I accually like the more solid colours like in the red and white ive seen in straight GS without the black wings look sick!!

whipper

True. Darris better get that 23ft Grand sport for sale on the market soon because Tuff is about to launch a new 24fter that will do over 100 with a 300xs. Theres so many people wanting this sized hull in the performance market they will spend all there money on the 24ft Tuff and Darris will look like the copy cat this time. Very same performance numbers and build quality. So who ever is first to market with this one will be in the spot light.

scj

Darris's new boat is being built for efficiency but a complement of efficiency is speed. 97 mph with a 200 pushing a 23/24 foot boat isn't bad IMO

whipper

SCJ yes im sure she will be efficient. Im more meaning the first out of the gate is going to get the new customers looking for a 100+ mph Efficient boat in that size range with a single outboard. Once people buy a boat they wont be buying another one for many years. Tuff boats are almost as efficient as Allisons. Darris and Marc think along the same lines. Both are making the same type of sport boats with almost identical pads. The tuff being a little longer buy a few inches and a little wider with a touch more free board. Materials very close also. There getting the same performance out of there 21 as Darris from the Grand sport. They would be the top 2 boats in over 20ft that seat 5 for sure for efficiency with smaller power. SS being number 1 buy a mile!

flying07

Whipper's right about the red and white boat . Flying 07 had one ,but sold it . I actually drove that boat before he got it in 2008 here in ky . That boat is the reason I own one now !
You should have bought mine for your daugter *cough cough*. . . here's you in it back in 2008 . . . . why did i sell that boat? it was perfect!!

IMG_3509.JPG