GRANDSPORT WITH BIMINI TOP

smiley88

I was wondering if there was anybody out there who has a Grand Sport with a Bimini top on it I would like to put one on mine but looking for some different ideas and also where and how to mount the polls for the Bimini.. appreciate your time

smiley88

I've seen the one with the forest green canopy looks pretty cool I was inquiring about a Grand Sport just to see if anybody knew what it looked like as far as the umbrella goes yeah I have one in my boat right now it just doesn't cover enough shade

Jr in Jax

I have never seen a Grandsport with a top. Both George Larson and Richard Henry had one their 03 Bass boats. I checked with a couple of canvas shops who said it would be dangerous due to the boat's speed. I have a very large wood pole umbrella that I drop into the ski pylon hole instead.

xb03fs

Bimini tops are a great addition. Had one on my xb2003 and have one on my
Xb21. I have been over 90 with the Bimini in the down positions. No worries there. They cost you a about 1 mph due to aerodynamics changing. I prefer to stay at 35 or less with it up

sledman8002002

I was wondering if there was anybody out there who has a Grand Sport with a Bimini top on it
Although I have one for mine (that the previous owner installed), I have yet to get out on the water with it. I was close to putting it on more than a few times this season but as the above post states, I just dunno if I could cruise above 35? I really do need to find out for myself tho. (The pic with it installed is from previous owner, hope that helps)
I do however have an umbrella someone gave me I use a lot while boat is docked, at rest out on the water or just idling around. I added a 2' piece of aluminum shaft inside the umbrella's stem base which slides into the ski bar's hole. Other than the color, I love it. It stores under the deck with paddles and bumpers with ease.

!!with bimimini.jpg
!redstone aug.jpg2a.jpg

xb03fs

I have found the straps to be the weak link and have considered adding the additional poles to allow for higher speed operation but Have not done that yet. They are very nice when its hot. Very nice as in 10+ degrees cooler in the shade and when cruising slow its like a nice summer breeze.

xb03fs

The bimini tops remove quite quickly as well on days you don't want them in the way. Just two knobs.

Great for skiing and tubing though allows you to stay our a lot longer much more comfortably.