New Member- New Project '88 XTB 21

Kmack

I haven't found anything yet for under $320.00. I am trying to get with a local company so I could at least avoid shipping costs. Local company sales person hasn't reurned my call. I left another message this afternoon.

Mrbuck50

As of today....no. However, the place in Arkansas will still do it. We just all need to get together and split the mold fees and get it going. I am ready whenever we can get it all together.

Mrbuck50

I also have contact this place.......
http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php
They will do an XTB windshield as well. No price quotes yet as I need to send them dimensions or my old screen. I suspect they will be $200 - $300 each as I have already been quoted that from a couple different sources. One other note.....I mentioned to Bill at Allison that maybe Darris could pay the mold fee and then they would have resource for their own windshields.....have not heard back from him. I would guess if enough of us "mentioned" it to Bill, we may be able to get them to do it. I think there are about 4 or 5 of us currently looking for XTB windshields.

Kmack

I'm good with sharing the mold costs if we can get a group to pitch in. My screen is intact but it is old style without the deflector lip on the top. I would be fine with the newer style.

A couple of considerations. Drilling the glass requires a special drill bit which Eplastics said they would send with the windshield. May need to see about a group buy on those too.

Because of the variety of year models, it's probably best to leave the holes out. No one I have talked to would guarantee they could match the hole pattern.

Also, there are a variety of tint colors available so I assume each person could choose for themselves. I want the darkest grey I can get.

If someone else wants to send off their windshield and get things rolling, I'm OK if it's only the 3 of us and around $100.00 a head for the mold with the windshield on top of that..Maybe we can get a couple more interested once we have something definitive in the works.

What I am hearing, with Arkansas splitting the mold out then pricing with windshields they might be the best deal.

fnshrmaster

I would prefer the newer style with the lip. My windshield was given to Allison, in hopes of a newly available unit. Let me know when you get a solid number, we can see how many are interested. Kurt

Kmack

Got a callback from the local company, showed no interest in something that small scale. Too much aircraft work going on right now.

Mrbuck50

If everyone can wait just a little longer, I will send them my screen with the lip. I am also good with splitting mold fees. Are y'all ok waiting a few more weeks?

fnshrmaster

Lower the tongue wheel as low as it will go. Block up under the jackplate tight.....I used a combo of concrete block and and wood and shims. Raise the tongue wheel as high as it will go. Build 2 towers from concrete block far enough apart that the trailer wheels will pass through. I built a double 2x6 beam to span from block tower to tower. Place that beam just under / behind the bow hook. Lower the tongue wheel and pull out the trailer.

My XTB sat on this setup for 2 months outside covered up. Works well, not expensive if you have the block and best of all........EASY.

Did you order factory replacement gauge / switch panels or did you have Bill make them from the new carbon fiber looking stuff? I bought the material from Bill and made my own from the carbon stuff.View attachment 10854
Did you buy the wheel from Allison?

Mrbuck50

I still have a few weeks of fishing. The crappie bite is on pretty good right now. When I am done, we can decide who will collect the money and send in to them and I will box up my screen and ship it out. They have a website. http://www.getaboatwindshield.com/
Although not shown, I believe the guy told me in the email that they could do colors as well. Reach out to all the XTB owners you know and see who else we can get on board.
My name is Chris. If y'all need to call me for anything shoot me a message and I'll give you my number

Rollout 35

I have already dropped off my windshield to ship to AR. The one I have is complete, just tint I don't like. I will have to wait until I hear back from them.

My windsheild still has their sticker on it so unless the scrapped it, they should have a mold.

Did you send them a windshield or just ask if they had one for your boat? It sounds like they can't match mold to boat by model or make, but can match the eindshield.

I'll post the results. I'm not gonna pay them $340.00. I'll just re-tint what I have.
Windsheild came in today and looks and fits great. medium tint with the lip at the top . Exactly what I wanted. Thanks everyone who got this done.

80sDude

Here are some pics from today as I picked up boat and some after I got it home.

List of work identified so far:
New seats
New Carpet
New Decals
Repair, sandblast, paint trailer
Remove TM foot pedal tray and re-build deck to original.
Fix dings, cracks, etc.

Hope pictures show up

View attachment 10782 View attachment 10783 View attachment 10785 View attachment 10786 View attachment 10787 View attachment 10788 View attachment 10789 View attachment 10790
Good luck with it make it sweet !