23' Grandsport

scj

Darris is the only person who makes any decision about the new boat and I believe he's far from making his mind up as to what direction he wants to take it as far as length, purpose, etc.
People can make all the guesses they want but the guys working on the boat are not talking I promise you.

His new design will improve every boat he applies it to but he's not even finished with testing. He's mentioned his goal is to complete testing over this winter but you know how life gets in the way.

xb03fs

When I was dropping my 21 off a few weeks back I mentioned how cool a bowrider would be to Nancy and she didn't think I was crazy...

xb03fs

Don't need state of the art. I love my 21. Exactly like that with a bow rider front would be cool. The 21s have a ton of bow
Lift already

scj

I've never heard the words "bow rider" ever leave Darris's mouth..............

I asked him about an intercostal stand up console model and he laughed.............

wasmeneh

That's funny Steve when I picked up the boat from you I mentioned the same thing to Nancy, since I live on the coast. With the cost of bay boats, ex. Yellowfin, I told her they could sell tons of them. As I recall she just smilled. Never saw Darius I think he's a myth.......

scj

Mike, he exists but that man is as busy as three men should be. He's always trying to improve his product and he doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.

I think when he finally decides on the hull that meets all his requirements (he's close), he'll apply that technology to all his boats and hopefully a couple new ones.

I too think a stand up console would put him in another market that could benefit from an efficient design like an Allison.

xb03fs

Mike, he exists but that man is as busy as three men should be. He's always trying to improve his product and he doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.

I think when he finally decides on the hull that meets all his requirements (he's close), he'll apply that technology to all his boats and hopefully a couple new ones.

I too think a stand up console would put him in another market that could benefit from an efficient design like an Allison.

I’d still like an allison bow rider.

allyfreek

Now with Mercury coming out with these new 4 stroke motors it sounds like the rest of the 2 strokes are living on borrowed time. Maybe Darris will be more inclined to build this boat sooner if 3 or 4 people commit to buying this boat with a deposit like the XR2002 a couple of years ago. With Mercury and everyone else building bigger motors we need bigger boats to put them on.

aeneas

I have started glancing at a bassboat and there is a bassboat that size and it can take a Merc 400r.