If you were planning to RE-POWER...

ROBERT CROSS

Jon,

Should be finished in about a week. DW & I are planning to come down in the beginning of April. Should have the trailer registered by then and Sandra will have her vacation time confirmed.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jon,

Should be finished in about a week. DW & I are planning to come down in the beginning of April. Should have the trailer registered by then and Sandra will have her vacation time confirmed.

Sounds like we need to get a few together for the maiden voyage before you head back north.

skewby

you can if your just testing the boat for the day since you've come in from out of state. i ran a jon boat for 3 years just kept telling them i was testing it out to buy, or i was working on it for a friend and was testing. they usually just mess with you if your fishing or on a pontoon loaded with people.

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Supporting Member
Yeah... my XR may not have had numbers last year. I can't remember :|

It does now.

ROBERT CROSS

Spent an hour at the DMV this morning....the trailer now has a Plate & Insurance.

Something I overlooked....with the new rig it's like starting over from scratch.
In NY when you buy out of State they hit you with the sales tax same as buying in State. I will add a couple grand to the insurance policy for sure.

I LOVE NY...it's the Yankees I hate. :LMAO:

Jon

Supporting Member
We have the same taxes here for registration. Only 9.5% in my county though. Only.

ROBERT CROSS

Glenn ran'r yesterday.....all checks out OK, 'cept he's waiting for a new fuel gauge...sat too long empty I guess. The original MercMonitor was also swapped out under warrantee....had to fight with Merc to authorize a 5yr old gauge....all's good now though.

Said he saw 88mph with two up & a 26TrophyPlus....I'll stop at H-motive on the way home and see what Thom and Todd recommend.

HotDawg.....;)

ROBERT CROSS

We are going to stop at the Factory next Tues or Wed, need to get one of the coolers they put in the GS, 'gotta keep the beer cold. DW wants to get some stuff also.

Turns out that the same outfit that runs the Marina in Louisville runs the one 4mi down the road here in WNY. Safe Harbor's @ Buffalo Harbor State Park.

Got my DAV All Access Pass so no launch fee's this year
If the Weather holds we may do a shakedown while in Louisville, plan to stay over in Alcoa at the Quality Inn......woopwoop

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

Well....the boat I bought is not the boat I got
I purchased from Fish'n World Performance Boats in Dallas.
Click on the Inventory link on the website and notice that the 2017 red & white Grand Sport is the exact same photos that were used for my boats listing.

Update as of 4/20/17 the listing for the GS is still wrong...they were notified on 4/13/17 of the screw up.

Here are the photos he used in my listing.....

Here is the boat I got.....

Maybe I F***ed up by not giving Glenn a photo of the boat he was picking up for me.

I'm more than a little pissed off at Key Puckett....I'll have to cool off for a few daze before calling.
He's just damn lucky Sandra loves the boat as delivered.....

Maybe after I take off the stick-on pin stripes and have it done for real I'll feel better.....:mad::mad:

Attachments

Last edited:

Garry Hagins

Well....the boat I bought is not the boat that was delivered.
I purchased from Fish'n World Performance Boats in Dallas.
Click on the Inventory link on the website and notice that the 2017 red & white Grand Sport is the exact same photos that were used for my boats listing.

Here are the photos he used in my listing.....
So you didn't get the boat you thought you were purchasing??