Fair Market Value of Allison I want to sell?

catfish123

Go out and dig up another Mason jar!
I agree....................You just can't hide real money :) It's easy to see that Craig is already planning his next new boat because his Ultrex pedal doesn't fit perfectly into the boat he has..........................:LMAO:

Mick

I agree....................You just can't hide real money :) It's easy to see that Craig is already planning his next new boat because his Ultrex pedal doesn't fit perfectly into the boat he has..........................:LMAO:
Hahahaaaa.... I was thinking the same thing!!

Kerry Cordy

I made my appointment for the 15th to download the computer, get the compression numbers and the leakdown test. Allen

Attachments

Reactions: Jon

resqu-u

I think 22-24K would be in the range. 20 is on the low side. There are folks justifying 30K for a stripped 2002 on facebook. It's funny how the prices of these boats goes up and down. I sold my 1998 red 03 with a 15" promax for 18K and it was as close to mint as they come. I paid 27 for my 2005 with a 2005 280 two years ago and wouldn't sell it for less that 25 now. Heck your 15" mid is worth 4K on facebook lol.

Last edited:

catfish123

I think 22-24K would be in the range. 20 is on the low side. There are folks justifying 30K for a stripped 2002 of facebook. It's funny how the prices of these boats goes up and down. I sold my 1998 red 03 with a 15" promax for 18K and it was as close to mint as they come. I paid 27 for my 2005 with a 2005 280 two years ago and wouldn't sell it for less that 25 now. Heck you 15" mid is worth 4K on facebook lol.
Selling price is all that really matters......................"justifying" a selling price means little until the deal is made.

Kerry Cordy

IMG_5738.JPG IMG_5739.JPG IMG_5725.JPG I had my leak down, compression check this morning. Please see the pictures of my receipt below. I was quite shocked. It only has 71.1 hours on it. I bet there is not very many 280's around that have never been opened up with such low hours? You don't have to run that 280 very long to get to the other end of the lakes around here, lol.
I will post my Ad this coming Friday night with all the details and a bunch of photos I took last Sunday. Thank you everyone for all your posts.

Allen

Last edited:

Kerry Cordy

IMG_5726.JPG Pennzoil full synthetic. I will have to verify my measuring cup, it's one of those containers you get at West Marine. I believe it's 40:1. You fill the container with oil and add to 8 gallons of gas. I will have to verify but I believe that's correct. Allen

Kerry Cordy

You can call Calivin, the 25 year veteran Mercury mechanic above for the details. He ran the motor up to temperature and performed all the tests.

Kerry Cordy

Gary, we will see! Google the new Bass Cat with the 400hp Verado! A 90k rig! Wow

Thanks, Allen

Kerry Cordy

This boat needs to be down south where all the other Allisons are located. Not much interest out here, Allen

Kerry Cordy

I will be taking the boat to another dealer to re-verify the leakdown and compress numbers. Thank you fellow Allison owners for contacting me to review this test. There is definitely something wrong with Calvins compression gauge and the 115 on all cylinders makes no sense. I will get a certified report next week of the actual leak down and compression and re-post. Thanks, Allen

flying07

Here is the compression numbers and leak down data from our local Mercury dealer. Please pm with any questions, Thanks, Allen
Was the motor warmed up before this was done? Things just aren't lining up in my mind on those results. . . just curious. . . . glws!!