200xs ROS....prop learning.

ROBERT CROSS

Found out from Thom at Hydromotive why the new 25p Q4 OT Round Ear has a slower hole shot than the 24p Round Ear on the 225x PM.

The new ROS had an open exhaust 'snout', 'cuz it was set up for an 'over hub' prop.
The 25p is a thru hub prop and requires the exhaust to optimize performance.
Checked the parts manual and sure enough both plates are offered....I just fabricated an aluminum plate and installed it above the hole'e one.

Will update performance this weekend.......if the weather co-operates.o_O

90 5.0

Interesting, my 26 q IV ot holeshots at least as hard if not harder than my 26 offshore cut chopper on my PM on a 15"'offshore mid with exhaust open

xb03

Thats what I like about an offshore mid, you can tune it to your liking. I made a solid plate as well, but ended up with 5-1/2inch holes. Most of the time I dont run it because it doesnt sound as cool.

ROBERT CROSS

Interesting, my 26 q IV ot holeshots at least as hard if not harder than my 26 offshore cut chopper on my PM on a 15"'offshore mid with exhaust open
Is it the 'round ear'?

Thom said it's the OT round ear that is effected....the one on the right.

Funny thing.....Even with the open plate the Opti is a lot quieter that the PM was.:confused:
Smoother with a lot less vibration too.

Hope to ck'r out tomorrow & Sunday.
Bob

Last edited:

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought the round ear was better suited to the 21 footers. The one on the left is what they made their name with on the 2003s.

ROBERT CROSS

The one pictured is the 24p Thom originally recommended for GS#1 with the 225x PM, it was a real hoot.

He said the 25p should work great with the mid-range punch of the 200XS.

ROBERT CROSS

Hey Bob how'd those props work on GS #2 ? Any updates on hole shot performance after the exhaust snout block mods?
The 25p is much better with the 'snout' plate installed, no holes. I'm debating if I want to drill a few. I may end up with a few different plates just to make the evaluation easier. I'm not very consistent though, without the stainless trim gauge and paying more attention to the jack-plate the DW gets pretty annoyed with all the stop & go's.....

I haven't aired out the 28p yet....78mph has been as far as I've gotten with the 26p Q4.
I'm not as brave as I once was, but I'm as brave once as I ever was......;)

ROBERT CROSS

It is very quiet...funny thing is even without the block-off plate the 200xs is a lot quieter that the 225x PM was at the same speed.

aeneas

Our '13 ROS has 1:87...I believe once I get it dialed in it will be at least as good as our 225x PM was with the 24p...if not better.View attachment 12203

View attachment 12204
The gen II 200xs is 1,75:1 unless you have changed gears. ;)
I removed the exhaust block off plate first thing and I am not looking back.
Todd made me a Hydromotive QIV OT 28p and I have no problems running that @ 1,87:1. I think 1,75:1 with a 25p is like running a 1,87:1 with a 27p... should be no problem.