130 HP 370 LBS SS2000

"C" Note

My apologies if this has been discussed / Did a search and did not see anything right off...

What is up with the 130 HP limit that Allison puts on the SS2000?

So if I throw a 2.5 on the backside my insurance guy is gonna tell me no?

ALSO are they really getting 75MPH with 130HP?

Thanks in advance...

"C" Note

Rick Propst

Please Correct me if im wrong but the way Allison worded it is, its a Recommendation not maximum if i remember right lol

Lotus 50

I can't remember the exact wording but it does say recommended and it says that being over 20 feet it is not rated.

Not the easiest boat to insure and it gets harder the more hp you add.

John Tiger got 80 with a 115 HO Etec for Trailer Boats. I had 89.7 with a lightly modified 150 XR4. 75 with 130 is possible.

I have been about 1 mph faster since changing my 150 for a 225 Promax. The acceleration is way better and I love the pm.

"C" Note

WOW !!! :eek::D:eek: WOW!!!

Many say life doesn't begin until 100MPH on water (hence "C" Note) but 80MPH is damn respectable.

It makes you think for damn sure...
You could save quite a bit of money, less headaches with insurance not to mention aggravating the crap out of quite a few big dogs.

Humm...cheat a little with a Rude 135 HO comes from the factory with optional cone...I bet you that would be a little rocket!

"C" Note

aeneas

There is a clip on the tube with a SS2000 and a 130hp Evinrude...

aeneas

Sorry for late response...
I looked thru their website and with the help of Google translate from Czechoslovakian managed to find out +100km/h (+62mph).

Edit: I am not sure how that boat is setup... The engine looks to be sitting very low, probably not enough setback, no nose cone and/or low water pickup and the propeller is n/a - all these are factors when it comes to handling and speed. Who rigged it? If Allison Boats or other well known did I am sure it is a +70mph boat. From what I have seen from the Evinrude e-tec 115HO (same engine as the 130?) with the right setup I am sure it will do +70mph, just like msethsmile's...

I would ask myself the following questions. What do you want from your boat? Do you want to be a member of the 'century club' like the c-note you refer to? If so v6 power is your ticket.
I too have the 100mph ambition but in my own tempo. This season wind and lack of time has stopped me. 6 times out so far where half of the times I have had passengers... I am at 97.7mph so far and in no doubt 100 will come next try... I have a thread on here about my setup: http://forum.allisonowners.net/index.php?threads/ss-2000-mercury-200xs-setup.15818/

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

175 Pro XS......The only way to re-power these boats. Better hurry. They probably won't build them much longer. Buy you A sportmaster lower and keep the TM while still under warranty. I would say mid 90's on an SS2000. I know of a new XB2002 with that set up that is running 90. You will think your fuel gauge is stuck on Full. Probably 7.5-8 mpg.

Or.......I have a 200 XS ROS for sale...!!!! 100 mawanour fo sho.

Dave Hensley

I've had a 150 pm on a ss and a xb2002---ss is 5 mph faster with small power.---175 pro xs at least 95 on ss

can u chip a 175 pro xs?
Yep. That little motor is sweet. Wish they built one on a 15" platform. I don't know this but have been told by a very good Opti mechanic that traditional hot rodding tactics don't work except lightening the flywheel.

Dave Hensley

Couldn't you place a 175 pro xs powerhead complete on a 2.5 ss mid/lower?
You would need the 175 XS tuner and adapter plate. I ran a 200XS ROS, 1.75 gearing, 29" Hoss on an XR2001 RR hull. It would run against the limiter all day long at 102mph. I think that motor dynos at 227 hp at the propshaft. It didn't have as much low end as a 225 Pro Max but otherwise ran out about the same.

Last edited:

David Shook

You would need the 175 XS tuner and adapter plate. I ran a 200XS ROS, 1.75 gearing, 29" Hoss on an XR2001 RR hull. It would run against the limiter all day long at 102mph. I think that motor dynos at 227 hp at the propshaft. It didn't have as much low end as a 225 Pro Max but otherwise ran out about the same.
Actually life starts at 120 Nail It!!!!!!

David Shook

You are the exception Mr. Shook....not the rule. :) You have done more with an Allison and a Drag motor than 99.999999999% of Allison drivers.
As you know better than anybody Dave just B Sing as usual everybody needs to run where they feel comfortable if it don't feel right get out of it good to hear from you Arenas Darth and all my Allison friends just have fun and be careful!

Dave Hensley

Well s
As you know better than anybody Dave just B Sing as usual everybody needs to run where they feel comfortable if it don't feel right get out of it good to hear from you Arenas Darth and all my Allison friends just have fun and be careful!
Well said. I hope you are doing well. Need to get together for a bite to eat and a bench racing session. I was over your way a month ago and picked up an XB 21. Old Man's boat!!! I like it.

aeneas

Thank you Mr Shook! Good to see you on here again! Even if I could I don't think I would have the cojones to do 120...
Your old Mazco prop is #1! :) Greetings from Sweden! //Nils