2012 Mercury 200XS ROS 15"

Dave Hensley

Around 150 easy hours. I will get the DDT readings. Motor is perfect in every way. If you don't want to wait until Next February and save about $10K this is it. $15,500 firm. Buyer must inspect and pick up here. No shipping.

IMG_3839.JPG IMG_3842.JPG IMG_3843.JPG

Last edited:

gmorgan

Well, it looks like to me you are robbing Dave’s post. You should simply make your own and remove your post above.

Last edited by a moderator:

admin

Administrator
Thanks G - I have deleted the previous post as it does not fall within the guidelines for new users. All new users must meet certain (published) criteria in order to post in the classifieds. I'm unsure if the user was just circumventing the rules, or thread robbing - either are not cool.

z06man

Sorry I could not do a new post and thought someone with an Allison could use these motors .These will sale below dealer cost and would be best for an Allison.Is there a way for me to post.Thx from Paul

Dave Hensley

About 20 hp less at the propshaft and 40% less at the gas pump. To quote another "According to Rick @ merc racing changes included pistons, reeds, compressor,computer, injectors, ect. Thought Rayzor mentioned new block #'s as well. Fuel cooler loop is eliminated, fuel hose routing changes, t-stats dump through the bottom pan, compressor dump line is poked out the back of the lower cowling. Can't speak to hp numbers but was told 240 give or take. Engine ID states 225." They also have raised rev limiter, 15" mids and 1.75 Sportmaster cases.

I just had a stainless steel 3.0 liter driveshaft installed in mine as they still suffer from the corrosion at the wp seal.

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

All of them. Merc used a higher carbon steel to increase strength to with stand the shock of loading and unloading on offshore race boats.

Dave Hensley

Well.......as luck would have it I found an outstanding XB2002 that this motor would have made the ultimate fishing/lake boat package on. The buyer for the 200XS is in Norway. It was terribly tempting to back out on the sale. I do not have a deposit yet. Couldn't do it. I made a deal with him and he has the right to finish it. Doing the right thing is hard!!! I guess it will get a 225 ProMax or 15" 280. I do I have a 225X that needs some work. That might be the ticket too. Good fuel mileage. They are just a little fussy.

Dave Hensley

Very tempting Robert. Good chance I will never have another one and they are really well mannered. Perfect set up for a 20' A-bote. This one already having the long trim ram and SS driveshaft installed made it even more attractive.

Dave Hensley

Deal fell through. No funds, no communication. Language barrier or pocketbook issue??? Motor is going on a super sweet little 1998 XB 2002.