Search results

1. S

1996 XTB21

Getting back to the bullet . It may be fast but it's still made of balsa wood!
  2. S

1996 XB2002

I need to put hydraulic steering on. Where did you buy it from ? Nice boat!
  3. S

steering question xb2002

Dave, go to the owners picture site, boat is there and looks the same as it did when I bought it, but the trailer was redone and painted white
  4. S

steering question xb2002

they are done, rusted, cracked and I can barely turn the steering wheel. Up here in New England, there are not may speed freaks and yes I know its a 1500 investment but if I can't test drive it, then no one will want to buy it. and who knows, if I like the steering, I may keep it!. but most...
  5. S

steering question xb2002

ok so I have been on and off about doing this for 15 years! well now everyone has hydraullic steering and it is a selling point. I have a 94 xb2002 with a merc 225 promax, it has only been in the water once or twice a year for the last 4 years when the motor was completely rebuilt. probably not...
  6. S

what should I do before I sell

Well I have not used my 94 xb2002 more than once or twice a year for the last 5 years so it's time to go. I have owned it since 95 and have nothing but great memories but life changes. It hasn't been over 80 mph in 4 years. it has a 97 225 rebuilt promax. runs strong, but needs a few things. So...
  7. S

allison xb 2002

nice looking rig!
  8. S

ELITE series angler just went ELITE!

so what about all the controversy over the HP tag. A few years back, wasnt an FLW guy DQ'd because of the tag? and why some new guy and not an up and coming guy at the lower levels who already HAS an Allison? and what kind of deal is he getting? is he sponsored by Allison and if that is the...
  9. S

what would happen if....

funny! I wonder how the steering would set up? controls, etc
  10. S

what would happen if....

I put a 25 hp on my 95 xb2002? think it would go on plane? I have a res with fantastic fishing and has a 25 hp max. I have a friend who has a tracker proteam 175 that weighs 950 lbs and I think the Ally weighs 940? his boat will go 21 mph and its a friggin tracker!. Whats the smallest engine...
  11. S

1990 XB2002 1998 225 Pro Max

what did you end up getting?
  12. S

How do others describe your boat?

oh and now I get " how old is that?" I say its a 94, 19 years old and they reply " it looks like new!" Now alot of guys are running high 79's to low 80's so it takes a little more to catch them but I still do. Then at the end of day when my groupies are hanging out after we win a tourney, they...
  13. S

How do others describe your boat?

well the comments have gotten fewer since I bought my 02 in 1995. when I first got it, I heard 'wow, that looks sexy" "wow that looks fast!" after fishing the old Bassin America trail, my non memebers would always tell their Ranger buddies that my boat rides MUCH better than theirs"-- "fast...
  14. S

So afte18 years and 2 sets of cables, I'm gonna do it!

The decision has been made! I am going to get hydraullic for my 1994 xb2002 which I bought in 95. So where is the best place to buy it from? as I remember, there are different pumps? do I need the 6345 or was it 5345? Do I need a new helm? what length hoses do I need and I also remember people...
  15. S

am I stuck with hydraullic?

ok, so I have decided to sell her, should I invest the money in hydraullic and get it steering like a ferrari or adjust the price down? Problem is that it is so tight now, it takes 2 hands just to turn it and it is an arm killer above 70. I know the yahoos around here, will think there is...
  16. S

Allison ice breaker part 2

the ice has all gone now but we are at floodstage on the river which is even better fishing! especially once the water gets to about 38 degrees! Next winter I will have some shots of breaking up thick ice with the A-boat! you drive up on the ice, then kill the motor, then go up to the front of...
  17. S

Allison ice breaker part 2

check these vids out on my new youtube channel, been getting 25-50 walleyes a day on the ct River in Mass and Vt. http://www.youtube.com/user/thecursedfisherman/videos
  18. S

The Allison ice breaker!

check this out http://www.youtube.com/user/thecursedfisherman/videos
  19. S

The Allison ice breaker!

sometimes the ice is so thick that I can't drive through it so I drive up on top of it with the Ally then get on the front deck and jump up and down until it breaks then throttle up onto it again and repeat! been doing this for 15 years and there is not a mark on the hull! The boat is truly...
  20. S

The Allison ice breaker!

my Allison is my winter beater!