Search results

1. mxzx

Wtb 26" 4 blade

No thanks.
  2. mxzx

Wtb 26" 4 blade

Don't need to try, just want to buy lol. Have had a couple RE4's and really like them. Currently have a 28" RE4 on my son's Ventura and it runs fantastic.
  3. mxzx

Wtb 26" 4 blade

Looking for a 26" 4 blade prop Flo torque or fat shaft. Interested in a Drag 4, Hydromotive QIV X OT, Promax, Mazco RE4.
  4. mxzx

SS2000 Prop Selection

Lots of great prop info guys! How does the drag 4 compare to the 3? Wondering how a 26" drag 4 would run on my GSE/200xs with 1.75 sporty. I have a 26" Hydromotive QIV and I don't like at all how it handles. My 24" QIV X (more of a round blade) handles 100% better!
  5. mxzx

200 XS spark plugs

I replaced mine this spring at 200hrs, all still looked good but was chasing another issue. They are a real PITA to replace!
  6. mxzx

Found my Allison

I have a twin to yours, exact same color scheme. 10 years ago I also switched from Hydrostreams (Vector for 10 years and a Vegas for a couple) to my Grandsport and will probably never get rid of it. Hydrostreams are fun but no comparison to Allison. We still have a couple Streams for my kids, a...
  7. mxzx

What to do?

Wavetowave website has begun an article where they have put a new, bone stock 150 Merc 4t on a Grandsport. Base numbers were 72mph. Future articles they will be adding lwp and solid mounts then going on to ECU upgrades and more. Will be real interesting to see how it all turns out!
  8. mxzx

200XS winterizing

The service manual says to : run fuel stabilizer through the motor Remove spark plugs and add an oz of engine oil to each cyl and rotate by hand. Reinstall plugs. Couple of the plugs are almost impossible to remove due to the wiring harness in the way. Empty water separating filter. Drain and...
  9. mxzx

New interior

New interior looks great! Going to have to do mine soon, its getting pretty rough.
  10. mxzx

Budget for rebuild

They were Wiseco at .040 over.
  11. mxzx

Budget for rebuild

The 200xs has been awesome! Running close to 90mph with only a 26" Hydromotive. Best part is it only uses around 3 gal per hr when just cruising around or pulling the kids on tubes or wakeboard. Will be keeping it forever:)
  12. mxzx

Budget for rebuild

Are you sure its never been apart? I was told my last promax had never been apart. When 1 cyl went down on me I found out 3 cyl were bored .015 and the other 3 were .030. Was not happy. Had to go .040 all 6. Rebuild ended up costing me over $3k canadian. Ended up selling the motor 2 years later...
  13. mxzx

Looking for info on the Allison 15R

100+ in a 15ft boat WOW, too crazy for me. My target would 70-80mph tops. Same as you my son would eventually be driving it when his Voodoo gets too slow for him in a couple years :)
  14. mxzx

Looking for info on the Allison 15R

Been thinking of getting an old school small lake rocket the last couple years to play around with and I have come across a solid Allison 15R for sale no motor. Looking for any info on them. How do they handle, what power is best, what kind of speeds can be expected, anything else? Thanks for...
  15. mxzx

2006 GS with 250 sport XS for sale

How much does the engine weigh?Ever heard of google??? Seriously what kind of question is that. This is a fantastic boat set up right for sale.
  16. mxzx

Tubing/Skiing Props

I use a 24" Hydromotive QIV XOT for all around use. 200XS with 1.75 gears. Easily pulls both kids tubing and wakeboarding.
  17. mxzx

Towing prop

I use a 24" Hydromotive QIV XOT that has been worked for pulling, for the kids tubing, wakeboarding etc . Great all around prop. My sporty has 1.75 gears and it will still do 80mph with the 24.
  18. mxzx

wtb small 18" chopper

Looking for a 13 spline 18" pitch Mercury chopper for a 60hp merc Thanks
  19. mxzx

Incoming....New Hub

Thanks for posting about this new hub. Sounds like a way better hub than the old one with the stupid plastic strips that always fall off. I will definitely be getting one for my GSE with 200xs.
  20. mxzx

Future GS owner

I am another Grandsport owner in Ontario. The GS is a fantastic all around boat! Cruise and do watersports all day and go fast too! Most of the summer I have it propped to just cruise around and pull the kids tubing, wakeboarding etc and it will still run 80mph with the small prop. Freeboard is...