Search results

1. C

Newbie: Sold my Porsche 911 to buy an Allison

You will wonder why you've never found this boat before. All other "mainstream" boats will seem like dumbed down, flat bottom boats after you get used to the Allison. It is a totally different kind of boat. More performance than anything. When I say that, I mean ride, speed, handling, hole...
  2. C

Why 4 blade props?

4 blades are better for surfacing. Keep in mind you may be running that lower unit high on that 21 at anywhere from 1/2" below pad to even with the pad when you want to haul booty. Most boats like a heavy Champion 206 run 4" below pad (buried). I run a 29 4 blade Hydromotive XOB big barrel...
  3. C

question about how to remove wax in texture

Magic eraser works good too.
  4. C

Think i blew the 250 xs up

Ha! We're tied. I've hit objects twice knocking skegs off and bending prop shafts and grenaded the sporties the other times due to seal failures. One lower locked up during a night tournament when I was hauling a 6lb bass back to weigh in where I would have won big fish. I thought I'd hit...
  5. C

Got ripped off from fastallison21a member of this sight so watch out people

Too bad you can't 1099-MISC the scumbag. You may not ever see a dime, but the IRS will see this as unreported income for the guy. You don't need his SSN, the IRS will take care of that. As it stands right now, you gave a cash payment to the individual. It is now income as no service was...
  6. C

Question about DVD ?

I mailed them later than expected. I believe you should have received yesterday or today.
  7. C

Question about DVD ?

update on Facebook ( Fast Pass 2016). Should go out this week. We got a couple of good high speed passes of you.
  8. C

New Here

Welcome to the boards. Enjoy your new XB21. -Duane
  9. C

xb21 bassport pro 250 pro xs

I've always emailed the tournament director (who is THE decision maker). I explain the issue and that you have a 21 ft boat and a 250 hp engine. Tritons, Rangers, Skeeters, etc. are 21 ft and 250hp. I've never had an issue on my XB21 2+2 having a 250 and no "max HP sticker". My sticker...
  10. C

allison factory

They are closed on Fridays I believe.
  11. C

Big Wheel

Where's Andy "Big Wheel" Parker?? LOL!!
  12. C

Can seals on a CMC 7050 actuator be repaired?

I leave my jackplate at the highest setting when I trailer and garage the boat. I wonder if this keeps pressure on the fluid all the time??
  13. C

Can seals on a CMC 7050 actuator be repaired?

I have a CMC jackplate with 7050 actuator. The actuator is self contained. Fluid is leaking out of the bottom and puddling on the floor. The original actuator did this now the replacement which I purchased in July 2013. What can I do? Thanks
  14. C

2014 3.5L Ecoboost or 2014 5.0L V8???

I have a '12. There were several iterations of repairs by Ford to correct the issue involving new air charge cooler designs, reprogramming the ECU, etc. Nothing worked. I don't know what the new models rolling off the line have. Going back to non-turbo V8 after this truck.
  15. C

2014 3.5L Ecoboost or 2014 5.0L V8???

I have an Ecoboost F150. The air charge coolers work so well that moisture is condensing in the air charge cooler and getting sucked into the motor during heavy acceleration. This causes misfires and the shuddering and then the unburnt fuel going out collects and ignites in the cat and then...
  16. C

Pics of 2+2 rod organizer??

Anyone got pics of the 2+2 rod organizer??
  17. C

ELITE series angler just went ELITE!

I've always spoken with the Tourney Director prior to a tournament and before paying my entry fees for tournaments with rules stating the hp much match the placard. When I explain I have a 21ft boat and a 250hp but my plate says not rated, they understand and waive the rule (which I keep from...
  18. C

A little xb-2002 eye candy

Wow!! Congrats! What a great boat!!
  19. C

How do others describe your boat?

Like others, I get the "how fast will it go?" question 100% of the time. I actually try to avoid it because it's a trap. I've been leading off by responding to that question by saying, "I don't know, 80 or so, she'll scoot, but it sure rides better in rough water than that Champion I used to...
  20. C

How do others describe your boat?

I'm always asked "how fast will it go". I say I've had it to 91 and I always add and "it rides better than my Champion". That always throws them.