Search results

1. hirk

Shout out to Allicat

This member purchased steering cables from me and sent me a postal money. Being in Canada cashing this was an issue (intended for US only) and it cost me $24 to cash it. James offered to send me something to make up for and I said dont worry about it, well he sent me $25. This kind of dealing...
  2. hirk

Ride Guide cables

SOLD!!, thx Allison owners
  3. hirk

Ride Guide cables

I still have mine if you dont find a fix, I will take $125 for the pr.
  4. hirk

Ride Guide cables

15' & 17' from an xb2003. These were replacements not originals and then removed for hydraulic so not much use on them. $200
  5. hirk

Side steer 2003 to center steer

My guess is leave the passenger seat in the same location so just put pins in the holes so you dont lose them under the carpet and then put the slide base down while attached to your seat where you want it and use as a template to drill, dont over think things.
  6. hirk

Shelf life of oil (Klotz Kl-333).

I had read that 2 stroke oil had a safe shelf life of about 3yrs do to additives settling out. I have some yamalube thats 2-3yrs old and have noticed a few gal. jugs had a bit of clumpy oil in the bottom.
  7. hirk

GS righed with 2001 225 Rude Ram vs 225 Promax

Chris Core lives near you, his shop is next door to Aim marine. He has an Allison xb2003 (same hull) and im sure would help you with learning to drive yours.
  8. hirk

New (to me) XB2003 learning and setup

Put scoops on the intake holes, You can raise it an extra 1" or so with them. I recently drove a stock lower with the top 4 holes plugged and it handled good everywhere except wot which was about 75mph with my 200. I added scoops and raised it and got to 78 but it still took some driving at wot...
  9. hirk

Merc lower unit water scoops

Got some :)
  10. hirk

Merc lower unit water scoops

Looking for a set for a 2.5 lower unit
  11. hirk

Sportmaster/torquemaster prop shaft

2.5 regular shaft , good condition. Would consider trading for a prop or towards a cle $350
  12. hirk

QUESTION....L/U on 200XS ROS

Yes factory, no water gets in the gears via this hole, if you dropped the lower you would see its in a cavity above whats sealed
  13. hirk

QUESTION....L/U on 200XS ROS

Vent overflow for shaft seal if it spits out oil
  14. hirk

XB 2003 Windshield

http://forum.allisonowners.net/index.php?threads/made-me-a-new-windshield-for-my-xb2003.18510/ Bill found some new ones slightly marked etc 2 yrs ago, he might have some left
  15. hirk

School me

Xb21 if you dont mind dropping the coin, I fish seriously out of a xb03 with no issues. The deck step and rod box are non issues to me given all the advantages of the boat otherwise.
  16. hirk

2003 ProSport Livewell Switch Operation

They are tricky to figure out, they have both a fill and recirc mode. Just open the lid with the livewell drain closed while boats in the water and a little water in it and play with the switches you will see whats what.
  17. hirk

Remote drain plug

Has anyone installed one of these?
  18. hirk

xb2003 200efi setup

Yes with the 200, I ran a dah 27 srx and didnt like it due to having more wheel torque yet not running any better numbers than a big ear or my 26 hoss,Sold it asap.A hoss cut Spinelli 4 ran great as did a 4 blade hoss hpd, the drag 4 handled good but ran flat until i hit mid 50's. I fish like...
  19. hirk

xb2003 200efi setup

You will want to run a 28 for sure with that limiter 26 will hit it too soon, I have ran a bunch of 3-4blade over hubs and a hoss hpd in both 3 & 4 blade have handled the nicest. A stock big ear is really good and I liked the PP 4 blade drag as well.