Search results

1. L

What do the Grandsport seats screw into

What is under the floor of the front passenger seat in the Grandsport? My brother’s new to him (but old) Grandsport seat screws are loose /pulling out. Something about hitting a wave with a 275 lb passenger
  2. L

Two in the family now

My brother bought a GS today with a 150HO Etec. If it goes mid 70's he will be happy. Propped low enough it will work a ski boat.
  3. L

SS2000 fuses

What size fuses does the SS2000 use? I have 3 that are labeled, instruments, nav lights,pump , and one that is not labeled. Thanks
  4. L

Triton - 14.5 or 14?

I own a 14.5 X 28 Triton that I have yet to run with a working speedometer. I see that Hoss offers the Triton in two diameters, 14 And 14.5. Is the smaller size better for some boats
  5. L

Grandsport stringers

Do most Grandsports have the center stringer or just the ones with pylons. Does anyone have a picture of the pylon upper mounting under the deck? Any advise on adding a pylon?
  6. L

How wide is an SS or GS trailer

Garage planning. It would be good to know the width
  7. L

200XS props

I am very happy with my 200XS. But it does not work well with Trophies. No complaints on top speed with either my 26 or 28 Trophy. But slow off idle, especially with passengers. Over hubs work great. When I had a promax, I ran with the vents plugged and a ring to fill the gap between the...
  8. L

How do you use your Allison?

My Allison is a cottage boat. When I am at the lake and the weather is good I will do a lap of the lake and put the boat back on the lift. 10 miles x 2.5 miles. A couple of days a year I may string it out. I like do do a day trip once a year, either on the chain of lakes we are on or towing...
  9. L

Water skiing with Grand Sport

How well does the Grandsport track with a slalom skier? I can pull my SS2000 all over and I am far from a competitive skier. But the GS has a pylon and is a bit bigger. Good recreational ski boat? We have a dedicated outboard ski boat now. Flat wake and straight running. My brother wants...
  10. L

Screw hole repair

My boat came with a pito tube speedometer. I knocked out one of the short screws used to clamp the line from the pito pick up to the speedo. So I have a shallow hole in my transom. What is the best way to patch this?
  11. L

Hook?

Do Allisons hook any more than any other random V bottom of the same speed? Allys have the reputation. If I compare my SS2000 to my brother's V bottom, it's 20 mph faster with equal power. And probably more likely to hook when using that speed.
  12. L

300XS on SS2000

There is an SS2000 with a 300XS for sale on the Facebook page. It got me thinking about my 200 XS, which exceeds Allison's weight recommendation. But the 200XS is short shaft. Does the lower weight location help? The 200XS cost more then a 300 would have. It's enough for me.
  13. L

26 Trophy 2 for sale

The Trophy ran great when I had a 225 PM on my SS2000. It still runs great solo with my 200XS (87 mph without playing with trim or height much). But it bogs out of the hole with 4 on board so I have bought an overhub to replace it. No nicks, no dings, flow torque not included. Vent plugs and...
  14. L

Fuel economy

For those with fuel economy gages, what's the best mpg you have seen? Does it work like a car would, big prop on the edge of lugging the motor?
  15. L

Cleavers

Does anyone run cleavers on Ally's? I was re-reading an old Hotboat test John Tiger did with his SS2000/260. He tried a cleaver. It was fast but not the fastest and the handling was "hair raising...the entire stern lifted free of the water and moved over several feet" I think cleavers look...
  16. L

how to change password

How do I change my password on this site. I never have so I should
  17. L

Water over the bow

We get a lot of big cabin cruisers on our lake. I was following one on Sunday morning at about 21 mph in a relatively narrow part of the lake, Eventually I got impatient and passed. I went slow trying to keep the bow up over the massive wake. And I got very wet. Slow and undramatic, but wet.
  18. L

Leaning left

My SS2000 has lalways leaned left coming onto a plane. Once I add some trim it levels out. I ran it fast today for the first time with a worked 28 Trophy. At around 70 it started leaning left again. So I bumped the jackplate up until it flattened out. Then I floored the throttle and it ran...
  19. L

Flow torque insert for drag 4

I have a flow torque insert for my 26 Trophy. I don't know the part number. It slides in and out of the Trophy easily. I tried to put the inset into a new to me Drag 4 and it would be a press fit. I don't know that it would ever come out if it could be pushed in all the way What flow torque...
  20. L

200XS low end torque

I ran my 200XS with 3 people for the first time on Sunday. SS2000. Last year I ran a 28 T4X and thought it accelerated fine with one or two on board. Sunday with a 26 Trophy, all vents plugged, ring between lower unit and gearcase, it was a dog getting on a plane. Does it just need to vent...