Search results

1. bnajackson5

Allison low back bucket seat covers

If deal falls through please contact me at bnjackson5@nc.rr.com I've been looking...man I hate it when I miss a listing
  2. bnajackson5

? set-up xb 03 for good hole shot

Update: Ran a 25 trophy yesterday. There was a significant difference in hole shot and overall performance. I plan on trying some of these other things you fellas have suggested and am open to anymore you can give.
  3. bnajackson5

Yeah I was wondering if the prop might be the culprit. I'm running a 25 offshore (with motor when purchased) and I just picked up a 25 Trophy (not plus) and I'm going to try it next time on the water.
  4. bnajackson5

Trimmed all the way in it is very slow coming out of the hole. It pretty much has to be tucked or the bow rises straight up and it will almost blow out.
  5. bnajackson5

I have what appears to be the standard 20" midsection that came with the motor (It's a 96' and I did not buy it new. It does have 4 1" holes drilled in the midsection above the cavitation plate (area where it appears a bob's exhaust cover use to be)
  6. bnajackson5

I have a 03 with 14" set back, 225 PM. What can I do to increase holeshot?
  7. bnajackson5

03 XB 3" hole ?

Your setback looks alot loke mine and I like you get a fair amount of water unless I come off plane slow.
  8. bnajackson5

03 XB 3" hole ?

Tired of getting water in the holes in the rear where the rigging hoses go into the boat. I bought this boat used... is there something missing?
  9. bnajackson5

Trailer Refurbish

Where'd you get the red hoses and clamps...they are sharp Boat looks great
  10. bnajackson5

XB2003 Set-up

It's a 25 pitch four blade. It has vent holes completely around the base of the prop. I don't know if it makes a difference but the mid has had four holes drilled for exhuast relief.
  11. bnajackson5

XB2003 Set-up

I am finishing the rebuild on a Mariner Promax 225 20". It has a 25 pitch 4 blade offshore prop. 12" setback. Speed is great but it is most important to me that boat handle well. What height would you set motor for best handling?
  12. bnajackson5

Zercom Flasher

I have had my 98' Allison XB2003 for about a year and have been struggling with the instruments since I got it. The previous owner did a # on the wiring. All that said. I have purchased all new instruments and I'm getting ready to install them. One big problem I have is with the Zercom...
  13. bnajackson5

Right prop for 2003xb

You guys have kind of confirmed my research that 28n pitch is the way to go...The Mazco and Trophy 4 blades are the ones I had looked at the most...not familiar with Hydro
  14. bnajackson5

Right prop for 2003xb

I have a 98' 2003xb with a 225 Promax on it. I want it to be fast but just as important to me is handling, quick hole shot and ride...I am mostly a fisherman that wants good performance. When purchased it had a 4-blade offshore 28 pitch Merc prop and that is okay but not great. Please, give me...