Search results

1. Jr in Jax

Gapping and indexing plugs on 250-300 XS engines

Indexing and gapping plugs on 2018 300XS
  2. Jr in Jax

Does anyone know who can make a removable bimini top for my Grandsport?

I know that George Larson had a Bimini top built for his XB2003 in WinterHaven. I have been to several local shops in the past and no one would make one for my boat, afraid of liability. I bought a Taylor Anchor Shade but I could not use it while moving and someone stole it and my Garmin Lakevu...
  3. Jr in Jax

Be careful of the bow eye breaking

After a trip back from Silver Glenn and then the car wash, I noticed when I got home that the bow eye steel bolts had rusted off inside the bow and the eye/winch strap was laying on the winch. I have heard of this happening before and have kept an eye on it but it happened anyway. I bought a...
  4. Jr in Jax

This made a great package

I stopped by Randy's house and he set me up with one of the new 5 blades which really woke up my rig. I can not say that I hit 100 GPS today because of a 20 Knot crosswind that had the boat driving me. I did make it to 79.5 in the huge whitecaps at 5000 RPM [6300 RPM redline]. The only...
  5. Jr in Jax

Found out how fast the new 300 4-strokes are

Mark and I were coming back from Silver Glenn last Friday and a boat passed both of us,. We both assumed it was the other of us, but we soon realized it was a Bullet bass boat with one of the new 300 4-strokes. We tried to catch him but the water was too rough and he soon turned off into the...
  6. Jr in Jax

Got my Grandsport w/300XS finally dialed-in

UPS delivered me a brand new 28 PP Yamaha copy Drag4 last light and I took it out for testing today. I ended up with what seems to be a perfect match. The Holeshot was great with no bounce and the handling was very smooth with cruise speed at 68 at 4400 RPM. I burned 10 gallons going 65 miles...
  7. Jr in Jax

Who has the pretty bright yellow/white Louisiana Grandsport?

We are still vacationing after leaving the rally and we went into New Orleans to get some Begnets at Café Dumonde. When we left heading back to Baton Rouge to pick up our boat at a friend's house, we passed a beautiful yellow/white Grandsport with La registration. We spoke to the owner for just...
  8. Jr in Jax

Palatka run this weekend

There is going to be a Palatka run to Silver Glenn's cool spring water this Saturday. Hopefully the weather will be good. The run is about 50 miles each way or you can launch in Welaka [like me] and only have a 40 mile roundtrip.
  9. Jr in Jax

Slack in bottom steering tube bearing on single ram Promax 225 SS

When I shifted to reverse recently, I noticed my engine bobbed a little. When I pulled it out of the water I grabbed the gearcase and pulled outward. The bottom bearing of the steering tube has some slack in it and either the bearing is shot or the steering tube and bearing is shot. I understand...
  10. Jr in Jax

New Years day in Florida

We took the boat out after Church on New Years day due to a really sunny 80* day. We met several of our friends on their PWCs. This is the kind of weather that causes the "Yankees" to pour in and vote Liberal.
  11. Jr in Jax

Threw a blade from my favorite prop Saturday

My Wife and me left a beach on Black Creek Saturday to grab lunch at a waterfront restaurant and when we sped up in the main river, it seemed like my engine shuddered a little on take off. The engine smoothed out and ran 73 GPS at 6K RPM with my Trophy Plus 26 [favorite prop due to acceleration...
  12. Jr in Jax

Memorial Day on the Suwannee and Palatka to Silver Glenn

We are planning on spending the Memorial Day long weekend on the Suwannee and stay in Chiefland. We are also planning on making the S&F run from Crystal Cove/Palatka to Silver Glenn Spring on June 4th. The Suwannee is 90+ miles of no speed limits with beautiful springs every several miles to...
  13. Jr in Jax

Allison Grandsport Ski Pylon

My Grand Sport Elite's Factory ski pylon has been one of the most disappointing features of my boat. It was always almost impossible to pull out of the carrier so I long ago drilled a hole through the rope groove so I could stick a large screwdriver in and twist/pull to get it to come out. It...
  14. Jr in Jax

2.5 crankshaft questions

Now that I have my Promax overhauled [runs very good], I am building up a spare powerhead and found the crank I was going to use had a spalled #6 journal. Charlie has a good crank with the large main bearing so it would appear to be a 2.5 but we can not find a good part number on it. There are...
  15. Jr in Jax

Why is the price of oil still unchanged?

The market is down almost another 500 points [ouch] due to oil falling below 27.00 a barrel but yet 2 stroke oil is still over 17.00 per gallon. There appears to be a disconnect between production cost and sell price. This is usually the time of year where I start to stock up for the year, but...
  16. Jr in Jax

Hottest day ever in Jacksonville [for this date]

I just hate to tell all of you in Yankeeland [everything north of the Florida-Georgia border] that it was 88 degrees today and is supposed to be this hot until the Yankee's weather finds it way here on Friday. All of our azaleas down by the creek are already blooming since the coldest it has...
  17. Jr in Jax

Check your head Gaskets periodically

While running down the St Mary's River with a boat full of College Students from a Friend's church, my engine suddenly changed tone and then seized. Mark was there with his Grandsport to take my passengers and give me a tow. I thought it had overheated and seized up but I tried to get it to spin...
  18. Jr in Jax

Suwannee River on Labor Day Weekend

We are planning on staying at Chiefland and spending Saturday, Sunday afternoon and Monday [Labor Day] on the Suwannee River which is one of the best rides in Florida. There is a clear spring to park in every several miles to go swimming and plenty of white sand beaches.
  19. Jr in Jax

New Style Allison Factory Covers

FYI, I am now on my fourth or fifth Allison Factory boat cover and was reticent about ordering another one. Bill told me they were making their own covers now and they have improved them. Since the Custom cover I was quoted was three times the $750 Allison cover, I took Bill's word on it...
  20. Jr in Jax

Is Scream and Fly down?

I tried to post about watching the Jacksonville Poker Run from mid river like we always do but the site would not accept a post. Not it seems completely dead. Is it dead for everyone?