Search results

1. D

Careful using paypal....

i use paypal for buying but not selling and i won't give them my bank account number. how long do they hold your money? could you take the money out and not leave any in the bank account?
  2. D

Trailer (emergency) brakes

pad wear should have no effect on master cylinder plunger travel if fluid level is at proper level. there's just more fluid in the caliper when the pads wear down. i doubt a piece of tape will hold indefinitely and i'm not sure how it would affect brake operation. might be worth a try. only...
  3. D

don't hold your breath. they're about the only game in town and they know it. their master cylinders and backup solenoids are junk. only way we can get warranty replacement is to go through a boat manufacturer that makes their own trailers.
  4. D

XB 2003 updated gauge pics

does anybody make a gps speedo that looks like an original speedo? all water speedos are junk.
  5. D

Head bolts to studs

i like studs but aren't necessary unless you're tearing down a lot. i've seen threads pull out when changing heads a lot.
  6. D

Head bolts to studs

do bolts and studs stretch the same? same material and hardness? i've always wondered about this.
  7. D

i see this happen a lot and no one has a definite explanation. i'm starting to think it happens during braking and you hit a bump hard enough to set the clip. i wonder if spring action in the emergency cable may also set it. we see fewer problems if the cable is removed.
  8. D

Hey Admin's....

me too, not a fb fan.
  9. D

Upper motor mount advise...

jb weld or replace the plates. 5200 won't hold. and you'll probably have to replace anyway.
  10. D

ECU Problems?

i'll bet it ain't the ecu. merc wires and boots hold up better than rapair. splurge for the race version and turn that baby up.
  11. D

ECU Problems?

switchbox
  12. D

gel/paint ?

i want to order a new boat the same color as Lexus Starfire. It has sparkly pigment. Would it be better to put this pigment in clear gel or just paint it like a car? Will smaller boat companies do custom clear gel colors with pigment instead of flake?
  13. D

200XS poppet valve and nuisance alarm

junk in the gauge water tube will cause slow/no readings. take it loose on both ends and blow out with air. i've seen some nasty stuff come out so tell your helper to stand aside. a legitimate horn should record a fault. i would check with a test harness with horn. 7lbs. block pressure at...
  14. D

outboard drags

it's a perfect place to have a race. wish they had drags there but could probably only do 1/8th mile. does odba do any 1/8 mile races? johnson city seems eager to get more stuff like this coming to town. http://www.lakenews.com/News.asp?ID=5603A209-3D34-491C-9698-2A61FC18DD9B&SiteID=TN014...
  15. D

outboard drags

it's not drags. it's those little kneel down, roundy rounders. oh well, guess i was dreamin.
  16. D

outboard drags

anybody heard about a race on boone lake in johnson city, tn in september?
  17. D

245 merc

high side cuts in about 2500 rpms. do you feel the miss? if not, probably fuel or timing. make sure wires ain't binding the trigger.
  18. D

Gluing down the water pump gaskets

just my opinion, i don't think the gasket is as important in a 2.5 as it is in 3.0. i've seen 2.5s pump ok without a gasket. seems the 3.0 metal housing doesn't seal as good.
  19. D

Gluing down the water pump gaskets

not the same pump but i do glue 1 side against the plate. they come with a sealer on the other side against the housing but it doesn't do much. the gasket is critical on a 3L to build pressure. took 1 apart with the gasket out of place and the motor was overheating.