Search results

1. D

gel/paint ?

i want to order a new boat the same color as Lexus Starfire. It has sparkly pigment. Would it be better to put this pigment in clear gel or just paint it like a car? Will smaller boat companies do custom clear gel colors with pigment instead of flake?
  2. D

outboard drags

anybody heard about a race on boone lake in johnson city, tn in september?
  3. D

steering?

how do you take the slack out of single cable rotary steering?
  4. D

steel injected?

anybody ever build a crankcase injected/horn front, steel bore 200, 2.5?
  5. D

sho

what's your opinions on the siamese cylinders in a yamaha sho?
  6. D

chicken/egg

do shorted regulator-rectifiers cause stators to short/burn coils or vise versa or does anyone know for sure? thanks
  7. D

rubber cages?

anybody removed the rubber off merc 4 petal reed cages? i heard the rubber deforms over time and holds the reed open. also, i've seen more broken reeds on rubber cages in the last few years than i've seen in my life on non rubber cages. supposedly you can get oversized reeds to work without...
  8. D

opti injectors

got a 05 opti that has 3 bad fuel injectors(flooding) per brucato. anybody seen this many bad on 1 engine? any ideas on what could cause this? thanks
  9. D

rods

promarine has 2.5 jap 8141 rods on sale. anybody ever had a problem with these?
  10. D

non-skid?

i want to get rid of carpet. what's the best product to do a boat's decks in white? is it hard to keep clean? Line-X gets good reviews. has anybody used it?
  11. D

optimelt?

tell me what to check on a 3.0 225 opti that has a melted piston. does brucato clean and flow both air and fuel opti injectors? how do you change timing? any way to richen fuel mixture? thanks
  12. D

wiseco

tore down a 2.5 200 today with wiseco pistons. 2 pistons had failed on opposite sides, 2 & 5. 1 of the rings had rotated and the ring pin was still in place. the ring was under the pin. anybody seen that before? motor was real wet and oily. small area of gaulding/melting on both pistons.
  13. D

insurance

can racers buy hospital insurance? if so, any recommendations and cost range?
  14. D

3.0 225 ProXS

what kind of pistons are best for a 2006 proxs? the stock pistons are in good shape. would it be better to get these top pinned or use new side pinned promarine ProV pistons? how much clearance should they have? this engine had low compression(about 80lbs on all cylinders) and low power but...
  15. D

water dams

merc shows water dams at cylinders 3 through 6 in the 225x and some others but the older promaxs and late model 200 efis i've torn down didn't have them. how do you know what should have them? thanks
  16. D

support ring

what is a support ring in a drag motor sleeve?
  17. D

double fire?

anyone ever see double firing on the 2000 and later cdm ignition systems? what about problems with the little black box control module? rebuilding a 3# meltdown and trying to cover all bases. injectors were ok. thanks
  18. D

tdc

if .150" down is 25 degrees, how far down is 22 degrees? is there a chart for various degrees of timing?
  19. D

cast piston?

are the ProV pistons as good as any cast fishin motor piston? do they really need to be top pinned? what's a WMS piston? any good? thanks
  20. D

260?

can a 260 block that has a steel sleeve be converted back to aluminum sleeve with nicasil? thanks.