Search results

1. wally II

29 pitch SRX prop for sale

Hey Mike, Yes, it is. With the newer rig the Hoss Hyperdrive works better for the top end. Thanks for letting him know of the prop-it needs a good home. Hope all is well with you and if Jen and I are in the Brainerd area this summer we will let you know. Mike
  2. wally II

Located up north in South Dakota-one of only two Allison Owners in the state. Let me know if you need more info. or pictures. Thanks. Mike
  3. wally II

Priced reduced to $300.
  4. wally II

23 pitch Trophy Plus for sale

Sorry for the delay, gone for work and now back. Yes, it fits a small shaft. I am in South Dakota. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks, Mike
  5. wally II

Yes, it fits a small shaft. Dave at Hoss "cleaned up" the edges of the prop and improved its efficienency. Runs great and is very clean. Maybe Dave could elaborate on exactly what he did but the prop came back and ran a couple miles an hour faster on the top end.
  6. wally II

23 pitch Trophy Plus for sale

I have a 23 pitch Trophy Plus prop for sale. 8.5/10, The prop works great on my Grand Sport for skiing and boarding but bought a tournament ski boat(no-still keeping the Ally!!) for skiing, etc. The prop is a rip snorter out of the hole. See attached pics. Asking $375 firm to your door which...
  7. wally II

I have a 29 pitch SRX for sale-8.5/10 that has been tweaked by Dave at Hoss props. Looking to sell it for $350 firm to your door. See attached pics. Works great for my Grand Sport but I have too many props and need to get rid of a couple. Thanks, Mike
  8. wally II

Your First Allison Experience?????????

Yup, she is reponsible for that. She is the negotiator in our family. She also was the one who said, "go for it" when I went to Hydro Tec for the Phase II kit. When the heck is spring gonna arrive?!??
  9. wally II

Your First Allison Experience?????????

Yeah Mike, I remember that letter I sent in to Hot Boat back in "the day". That Grand Sport/Yamaha combo has been a really sweet boat first for myself, then my buddy and now it is yours. Fun to hear your story about finally getting this setup. My first sight of an Allison was in Avon MN...
  10. wally II

Newbie question-Which hull??

Sufka is right. Go for a Grand Sport. I am on my second as well and they are a great rough water hull and a super all-around boat. Cruising, skiing, even racing. I do it all in mine plus plenty of storage room. Yeah no center steer but...so what. You can find them for a reasonable price...
  11. wally II

Roll Call Aug 25th Fairmont,MN drags

Yes we did. At the Pub on the lake where everyone went after the races. Met the owner who was a really nice guy and who hoped we would return next year.
  12. wally II

A big thanks go out to Bob and Barb(and everyone else who helped out) for hosting a great racing event this past sat. Also a big thanks to Mike K. for taking the great photos. Anyone interested can go to the Upper Midwest Powerboat website and see over 300 photots of the event. Great...
  13. wally II

Cleaver on an Allison?

Mike Sufka(Central MN) had a Grand Sport rigged with a Merc. 2.5(260 hp) that got the best performance(top end) with a cleaver. Mike? Provide some specifics.
  14. wally II

Count me in! Missed the first MN event and won't miss this one. Looks like a neat chain of lakes(4 lakes total) for some fun cruising before and after the event.
  15. wally II

Roll Call " July 28th Southern Minnesota Drags"

Bob, Looks like a good turnout! Sorry the "Dakota Kid" won't make it this year due to family obligations. Looks like Kase Allison will be there however to represent the South dakota contingent. Mike
  16. wally II

Where do you live?

Sioux Falls SD. I believe there are two of us here in the state of South Dakota who own Allisons.
  17. wally II

280 and Klotz oil

I have run the Klotz for 6 years now at 50 to 1 and never a problem fouling. I believe it was Reynolds racing that originally recommended this. I was running Mercury oil and then Klotz at 40 to 1 and had some fouling.
  18. wally II

Drag Prop for a Grand Sport?

You are right. My bad. guess i better get a couple more prop cases to store the addn. prop inventory!
  19. wally II

Jay, glad you made it through another fine winer up here in the Northland. Yeah, probably a good idea to take a peak inside the motor to see how things are looking. It is abou time. What's your opinion on removing the limiter? Yeah, I use the boat for a variety of things, skiing, tubing...
  20. wally II

Allright, so the word is "loss the limiter" which is no problem if and I say ....if....I spin up to 9000 and can feel "ok" about my motor having longevity. I know nothing is guaranteed but...so far the motor(a 2001) has been running flawlessly. So, with that being said it sounds like a 24 is...