1. ROBERT CROSS

Hi guys

Welcome to the Allison Club....GS Wing.
  2. ROBERT CROSS

Hi guys

Welcome Aboard...good luck with your search. Bob & Sandra
  3. ROBERT CROSS

Hydromotive Intimidator T4X

Welcome aboard, be advised that the ALLY Itch is an incurable affliction, is this the first? Have you checked with Thom & Todd at the factory, they may have some used wheels, along with some good advice. We have used Hydromotive Props since getting our first Ally. Good luck.
  4. ROBERT CROSS

Grand Sport w/ 2005 2.5L XS and 23P Trophy Plus

The photo above is a Hydromotive Q4 26p. I sold my Trophy back in '14. You might want to call Todd or Thom at Hydromotive they may have something. Todd was a huge help when we got our first GS. .
  5. ROBERT CROSS

New from South Dakota

Welcome to the Ally crowd GS wing. :cool: Mike Patey would be proud. In bed for the Winter :(
  6. ROBERT CROSS

My first Allison!

My bad..had an extream brain fart, the above was exactly what I was told with our first GSE. THANK'S
  7. ROBERT CROSS

My first Allison!

Welcome Aboard Start out running an inch above the pad, neutral trim with a hole shot prop. Take it slow get comfortable and go from there. It ain't rocket seince it just takes some getting used to. I'm a big fan of Hydromotive Props, I have three, 14 3/4" X 28 R Q4 OT,14 3/4” X 26 R Q4 OT, 14...
  8. ROBERT CROSS

First Allison, prop repair?

Ooop's
  9. ROBERT CROSS

First Allison, prop repair?

When we got our first GSE we stopped at Hydromotive Engineering on our way home. (9261 Ravenna Rd, Twinsburg, OH 44087Phone: (330) 425-4266) Todd was instrumental in getting us set up correctly. He and his Dad have run Grandsports for decades. We have three of their props. (14 3/4" X 28 R...
  10. ROBERT CROSS

Grand Sport w/ 2005 2.5L XS and 23P Trophy Plus

Contact Todd at Hydromotive, he & his Dad know & run Allisons. I've got three of their props...this is the all around choice, 14 3/4” X 26 R QIV OT
  11. ROBERT CROSS

Newbie questions about a Allison boat

Advertising as an Allison, and not saying it's a restored original or a clone is questionable at best...:confused:
  12. ROBERT CROSS

Grandsport engine options

My choice on our second GSE..
  13. ROBERT CROSS

Anyone want a NEW Propeller

Kind'a Kool this....
  14. ROBERT CROSS

Prop advice

Hydromotive 14 3/4" X 28 R QIV OT... That's IT, take me home. 14 3/4” X 26 R QIV OT...Cruise all-around. (PIC above) 14 1/2” X 25R QIV X OT Round Ear...POOF, I'm gone
  15. ROBERT CROSS

Prop advice

^^^^ Times two....
  16. ROBERT CROSS

Planing plate

Yes... it really does help. In combo with a superior Prop...Hydromotive 14 3/4” X 26 R QIV OT is the only prop I've tested, it performs really well in helping the hole-shot & Cruise. WHEN dialed in.\
  17. ROBERT CROSS

2022 Watts Bar Ally Rally Pics

I'm hope'n in 2023...
  18. ROBERT CROSS

Schit Habbens

How I learned to 'DIAL' at speed or how I learned make fewer scary mistakes. I made sure the lower unit was LEVEL and EVEN with the pad, and then marked BOTH gauges. I realize there is some mechanical latitude, but it sure gets me in the dialed space a lot quicker. I can move them both for...
  19. ROBERT CROSS

Schit Habbens

The CMC replacement pump was $370, I didn't even ask what the complete unit would have cost. The boats really dialed this year. I finally figured out where the sweet spots are for the lift & trim after getting the skid plate installed last season. Marked the trim & lift dials when the motor is...
  20. ROBERT CROSS

Schit Habbens

The other schit thing that happened at the beginning of this season...CMC lift pump pooped the bed. "ya know how hard it is to replace on an Allison with its butt wings and without an engine lift? I do. Thank goodness for my pneumatic impact hammer, and the reefer to freeze the pins and a heat...