Search results

1. Jon

Found Allison Photo's

I found a bunch of Allison pictures... maybe you old guys will be able to enjoy flipping through them. I THINK I recovered these, without knowing, from the old forum. I'm not totally sure. There is definitely a mix of all kinds of things, and I'm not sure what all is in it, so let me know if...
  2. Jon

Trolling Motor Removable Mount

Anyone run one of the trolling motor mounts like on the XB2003 for sale in the forum? They may be more common than what I know, but people just leave the trolling motor on. Are they sturdy? Just as good as mounting the trolling motor directly? I like the idea of the mount, and pulling the...
  3. Jon

Your next Allison

What's next on the list for you? For me, my list doesn't go much past the xb2002 and the xr2002. It is very unlikely I'll own another nikasil motor, and would even hang a yamaha on a boat if there were a motor light enough, which there really isn't with the power to weight the light merc's have...
  4. Jon

Boating Safety

Hey everyone, it seems like every year people become less aware of their surroundings, and there are just more idiots added to the mix. Everyone have a safe 4th tomorrow, and (unlike me sometimes) try to forgive if someone makes an honest boating mistake. We're all distracted from time to time...
  5. Jon

2017 Forum Statistics

I forgot to post this last month, and I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but as it turns out, we have a lot of lurkers around here :). Here are the numbers: In 2017 369 new folks signed up for the forum 2.5 new threads were created each day, or 912 for the year 16.3 replies were left each...
  6. Jon

85 XTB in Maryville on FB - not my boat

Anyone know about this boat? Seems a bit cheap. Proceed with caution. I just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone is looking, and to see if anyone has some background on it. He does have pictures of the boat in his FB profile as well. Seller: https://www.facebook.com/stott.eric Ad...
  7. Jon

SOLD 1998 Allison XR2001 Drag $1

I'm tired of this thing sitting in my garage. I'm open to reasonable offers. Clean Allison XR2001. All original gelcoat. Pad was set up by Glenn Reynolds. On the interior, a second seat mount was glassed into the boat in 2002. Boat comes with 2 seats. 8" Allison jackplate, with lower jackplate...
  8. Jon

WTB 280 Heads

Anyone have a set of 280 heads? Stock, good condition.
  9. Jon

No motor - no rally

I'm officially not going to make it to the rally this year. Long story, but I've been unsuccessful at getting a sleeve replaced. I may still ride down on Saturday by car to hang out. I'm beyond frustrated at this point. There will be a 280 for sale shortly.
  10. Jon

Readme - Classified Ads

##################### GENERAL CLASSIFIED ADS ##################### To post in the classifieds section, there are 2 requirements which must be met: You must have been a member of the forum for 10 days You must have a total post count of 5 or more These requirements can be waived for $50 -...
  11. Jon

2017 Watts Bar Rally - Map

PDF Copy (higher resolution) also attached below.
  12. Jon

Oops... Site Outage

Sorry about the brief outage today. I may have forgotten to pay the light bill. It WAS set to automatically pay, but apparently that was changed at some point. It's all good. Paid up, and site is back up. Amazing how that works :)
  13. Jon

Brucato PCU Fuel Curves

Anyone have any they would like to trade? I have a drag curve on mine. I'm unaware of an repository of curves anywhere.
  14. Jon

WTB XR Fairing

Need a short fairing, 15", prefer black. For an XR2001.
  15. Jon

WTB 280 Pistons

Need a port and starboard wizard with gold rings.
  16. Jon

WTB 280 Heads

Clean and stock please.
  17. Jon

WAR 2017

dubmoney, here you go.
  18. Jon

Allison Boat Guide

Anyone know of a REALLY thorough guide of all Allison boats & options? There seem to be a lot of questions, and only tribal knowledge for the answers. It seems like this is something we could put together over the winter. Anyone interested in helping out?
  19. Jon

Rally Picture Thread

Friday run to Long Island.
  20. Jon

test

test