Search results

1. matt931

Swift bass boat

Anyone know anything about swift bass boats? I found one a couple of years ago and my dad bought it. 1990 model single console 20 foot boat. It fishes nice and has a lot of room. It came with an xp150 evinrude but it's rated for a 250. It rides great and seems to handle rough water well. No jack...
  2. matt931

Wood transom

Let me apologize for this long post in advance. I can't say for certain any facts about any other year or model of Allison boats but I can tell anyone reading what I know as a fact about wooden transoms. This post is meant for anyone searching the forum asking questions about whether or not any...
  3. matt931

Nosecone mod question from a newbie

Is it worth the investment to have a nosecone mod done to a stock cle lower unit if speeds above 90 mph aren't expected? The boat is an '88 xb2002 side steer sport console 12 inch rapid jack and the engine is a '96 2.5 225 efi mariner super magnum 20 inch mid. I have not driven this boat at all...
  4. matt931

Cle or sportmaster??

Dumb question I'm sure but I thought I had a sportmaster but now I'm not sure. I saw a post saying all sportmaster LU have a diode above the plate but this one doesn't. Does that mean it's a cle? It has four water pickups on the bottom front and none on the side.
  5. matt931

Spinelli question??

Do all spinelli props say spinelli on the side of the hub? I have one that came with the boat I bought and the guy I bought it from said it is a spinelli but it doesn't say anything anywhere except the size on the back of the prop hub. 14 1/2 x 29 DR
  6. matt931

Sea star pro steering

Where is the best place to buy a sea star pro system with the hc6345 cylinder? About 1200 bucks is the cheapest I've found but I've heard some people say they can get them cheaper.
  7. matt931

Transom cracked

I recently purchased an '88 xb2002 with a bad transom. I know it's rare but I have one!! It has a fairly large crack on the port side in the splash well and the bottom of the transom will flex in if you put weight on the cavitation plate on the engine. I am looking for someone to point me in the...
  8. matt931

Wet sanding textured finish

Is it possible to wet sand the textured finish down to a slick finish? I'm attempting to restore an '88 xb2002. I'm confident the textured part will buff out pretty nice with the 3m imperial compound but I was just wondering if anyone has actually sanded the textured areas all the way down to a...