Search results

1. B

swim ladders on Grandsport

Has anyone tried the bobs, TH or if there are any other swim ladder options on their grandsport? id like to find a way to make something work so we can easily go for a swim n get back on without the slippery struggle.
  2. B

Engine height?

Anybody have any experience with Winrace props? mate of mine has a 3blade 27p thru hub he offered to try
  3. B

Engine height?

I need to get my hands on a Lightening ET for sure. Thanks guys!!! be back out this weekend with a new engine height and hopefully a different prop
  4. B

Engine height?

Any reccomendations with no lip. cmon guys help me out. only got 80.3mph on the first test run haha I know there is way more there.
  5. B

Engine height?

So im new to this boat, Grandsport, and just redid it. Got a 12" setback, 260 on 15 mid, sportmaster. What height should I start at? I want some decent holeshot and handling while I learn the boats, high speeds will come later.
  6. B

Power recommendations GS

Well guys I went and bought a low hour 260 and am going to bolt it up to my 15 mid. Curious about anyones experience with different lower units, I have my 1.87 SM but would you lot recommend something different? stock coned? TM coned?
  7. B

XS2003 hull question/progress

Steel for sure. but seemed decent quality being that its a 93 hull and spend years around saltwater.
  8. B

Next step is sorting out the powerhead.. have a 2.5 Carb 200 but not sure I'll be content.
  9. B

Don't think it was stainless because it didn't enjoy the salt water very much. And it's a 93 hull I believe.
  10. B

Power recommendations GS

Don't think you'd want to pay the shipping all the way from Bermuda haha
  11. B

Power recommendations GS

Appreciate this advice greatly! Starting to get the itch to just say forget this whole motor and find something turn key.
  12. B

WTB: Promax

I need shipping to Florida or Jersey
  13. B

Power recommendations GS

I've also been trying to keep my 15inch mid. but from everyone's experience, should I really be that concerned if I have to switch to 20inch?
  14. B

Power recommendations GS

was getting the 225 promax idea pushed at me. What kind of setback would be good with the 175proxs?
  15. B

Power recommendations GS

Hey everyone, So im having the absolute worst luck with rebuilding my current motor, its one thing after the other and I'm basically fed up. I either need a new Sportmaster and powerhead, or just a whole engine to ease my pain. I deal with a fair bit of chop so I'm not trying to do 100mph, 80 is...
  16. B

For some of the repairs that were structural I got some professional help to make sure it was 100%, but a fair bit I did on my own.
  17. B

I still don't have a single prop yet haha. sadly tho guys its only a 2.5 carb 200 on there right now
  18. B

Been a while but decided I need to share some progress
  19. B

Aluminum Trailer Options

Starting to really consider a new trailer for my grandsport. Saltwater here so want Aluminum plus the weight for manhandling it in the yard. Not looking for something super kitted out, don't need trailer brakes. Just want something simple and clean. Only special thoughts is I want my boat to sit...