Search results

1. B

swim ladders on Grandsport

Has anyone tried the bobs, TH or if there are any other swim ladder options on their grandsport? id like to find a way to make something work so we can easily go for a swim n get back on without the slippery struggle.
  2. B

Engine height?

So im new to this boat, Grandsport, and just redid it. Got a 12" setback, 260 on 15 mid, sportmaster. What height should I start at? I want some decent holeshot and handling while I learn the boats, high speeds will come later.
  3. B

Power recommendations GS

Hey everyone, So im having the absolute worst luck with rebuilding my current motor, its one thing after the other and I'm basically fed up. I either need a new Sportmaster and powerhead, or just a whole engine to ease my pain. I deal with a fair bit of chop so I'm not trying to do 100mph, 80 is...
  4. B

Aluminum Trailer Options

Starting to really consider a new trailer for my grandsport. Saltwater here so want Aluminum plus the weight for manhandling it in the yard. Not looking for something super kitted out, don't need trailer brakes. Just want something simple and clean. Only special thoughts is I want my boat to sit...
  5. B

WTB: Promax

Looking to purchase a 225 promax, plus single piece adapter/exhaust plate. low hours or one in need of rebuild.
  6. B

Seadek on GS?

Has anyone done this? I have gone over the idea in my head to do the interior floor and rear deck lids with turf mat. Seadek would be an awesome look in my opinion, instead of my doing it myself with hydroturf.
  7. B

Fuel tank size

I need to install a new fuel tank into my Grandsport because.. well the original one isn't there.. I plan to run either a 260 or 280, no skiing or towing being done, just be a weekend ripper boat. Anyone with a GS with either engine think 22Gal is too little? even if ill never be more than about...
  8. B

Xs2003 Grandsport setback advice

Hey guys, so im getting ready to finish off my transom and have a 2005 Evinrude 150hp thats going on it for now. I have read so much on different setback opinions that im just lost now. Going to go manual jackplate, set and forget. so what amount of setback should I be looking for? No lip on...
  9. B

XS2003 hull question/progress

Good day everyone, I am restoring a Grand Sport I was given, its pretty rough and I am completely new to these boats. I have been doing a lot of sanding and grinding to do some glass work. There is a strange square pocket in the bilge that I am clueless to what it may be for. Can someone shed...