Search results

1. J

Replacement gauges

Thank you, I’ve been thinking about putting a level on the dash just for that reason. Didn’t think about plugging hole. Really appreciate the idea’s
  2. J

Replacement gauges

I totally agree. I’ve always drove by the seat of my pants so to say. Trim indicator has always been a must for stern drive but like I said I’ve never had one on an outboard. Have 4 spots for small gauges and was really trying to decide what useless gauge is going in the 4th spot. Fuel level...
  3. J

Replacement gauges

I’m with you, I think auto meter makes them as well. I’m just going to not use a trim gauge as I’ve seen post that say they respond to slow. Never had a trim gauge with an outboard before and if I need one I will install a mechanical trim indicator so it’s accurate. When I posted this I didn’t...
  4. J

Replacement gauges

Hello everyone, I’m in the process of putting new gauges in my 95 xb2003. I really want to use the auto meter pro comp gauges but am concerned about the trim gauge they sell. Have read that it is really slow to respond and there isn’t very many markings on face to be really accurate with a...
  5. J

Finally an Allison owner

Kentucky, I’m about 5 miles from Kentucky lake dam. Good thing about here is I can run tennessee river or Ken lake. River is almost always calm, Ken lake not so much, windy days it’s like the ocean with white caps
  6. J

Finally an Allison owner

Plan on getting 100mph rated life jackets and someone took kill switch out. Will be putting that back before it ever gets on water.
  7. J

Finally an Allison owner

Hello everyone, today I bought my first Allison. It is a 95 Xb 2003 with a 225 mariner super mag. Power head is going to need some work (rod through front half of block). I’ve owned 2 hydrostreams in my 20’s and 30’s and they were fast boats but not allison fast lol. Always wanted an Allison...