Search results

1. J

Don Brackeen call JSRE

Your welcome my friend, and thanks for your on going business ! Jay
  2. J

Don Brackeen call JSRE

Don, Please call JSRE your parts are ready and we don't have a contact number for you. Thanks, Cathy @ JSRE
  3. J

Scott Jordan does it again

Scott's motor was running on 5 cylinders the last 4 passes . Anyone that was there and knows anything about a V-6 Mercury knows that to be a fact... Scott was lucky the motor didn't catch on fire with the complete rear engulfed with alky spewing from the complete missing reed.. Can't...
  4. J

Tim, He had a skeg this time but was short a full reed petal after the first pass , alky spewing out over the rear of the boat and in cowl and still won.. Jay
  5. J

Darrin baxter ........ Smoking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darrin's boat has a BIG end charge out of this world, GREAT JOB Baxter Racing... Jay
  6. J

225pm,260 and 280 coils the same?

280's are different ! Jay
  7. J

280 merc

Pins line up directly across from one another thus compression lost has an easier escape path . BTW: You believe who you choose about the compression on these 280 motors, ask Michael who had issues about this subject at Blarney. The ones I build with fresh Nick new rings and pistons WILL...
  8. J

Congradulations to Scott Jordan for not only winning the DSRA High Points Championship but also the 2012 DSRA World OUTLAW CLASS today in the final race of the DSRA season... GREAT JOB SCOTT, Jay
  9. J

Looking at 280

EXCUSES? Nah I don't do that for a desission a customer and I make Jeff even if it did go wrong it was a joint dessision as I said I NEVER spend a dime of the customer's fund thats not agreed upon.....Just because you've had good luck with a product Jeff are you so nieave to think everyone has...
  10. J

Looking at 280

Yea always lots of "Stories" going around ( If you know what I mean ) about that issue and other "yarns" ...Facts as I remembered it was Lou, had the FIRST motor built in Al. that came apart very quickly because of pin failure and broke a rod gutted a block and front, I was contracted to tear...
  11. J

Looking at 280

Come on by , I will be with Scott Jordan's outlaw boat ( White Allison ) wrapped Ford Truck Jay
  12. J

Looking at 280

You going to Jasper Michael ? If so come see me.. Jay
  13. J

Looking at 280

Most 280's I build ( I am building 4 NOW ) with fresh plating and new rings will yield at sea level from 155-162 cranking with hot battery, ALL that I build yields that some a 165..... Jay
  14. J

Looking at 280

If I owned a recreational boat I would own a 280 , hands down.. Jay
  15. J

castle washer

Tomoad, Hows the motor running??? Jay
  16. J

225x or 2.4 Bridgeport EFI?

I'd choose any larger HP ed 2.5 over any 2.4.. Jay
  17. J

Life of a 260 or 280

A well tuned and fresh 280 should "HIDE" from a stock 225 PM, I build both weekly..The 225 can be breathed on and improved but can't match the "Torque Animal" ( 280 ).. Jay
  18. J

1997 merc 260 drop on

Thanks Tray for clearing up the confusion , IMO Honesty is always the BEST policy.. This is an utmost clean motor BUT does need a sleeve in #4 . Guy brfore me left a cir clip off the bottom cir clip lan and lucky it was a wizard piston that the wrist pins are smooth as silk and didn't do...
  19. J

1997 merc 260 drop on

Tray/Steve, If this is the motor that I'm thinking about we need to have a conversation... Jay
  20. J

BIGGEST set of BALLS AWARD

No one knew the skeg was missing until the boat was removed from the lake, we thought it was a trim or prop issue until I got a visual.... We didn't know what was wrong , all we knew was he was still winning pass after pass and came in second Sat. Put spare gear case on Sat night and won...