Search results

1. DaveW

3.0l Sportmaster Ally Hydrofoil wanted

Hi all, Finally put a 250XS on the XTB, but now need a foil to suit. Please let me know if you have one, I still have my old one from the 2.5l that I may cut to fit if needed, I’m a little far away from you all
  2. DaveW

XTB-21 plus 250 Sport XS = ????

Hi all, I'm putting a new 250 SportXS on my XTB-21, and am after any advice I can get. I don't see many with the 3.0l motors on them and am wondering what to expect. I had an oil pump fail on the old motor, 1700 hours, it had a good life! Any help appreciated, plus I've added a pic of the old...
  3. DaveW

Xtb-21 + etec 250ho = ???

Thoughts? I've got a 200 EFI Merc on her now, other than the 250XS which is ridiculously expensive here in Australia my only other option is the ETEC. I'm unsure if it's ever been done, even with the newer XB models??? Dave :very happy
  4. DaveW

WTB - Sportmaster or CLE or Coned Case - Help out the brother from downunder!

Hi all, I'm after a Sportmaster, CLE or coned case with heavy duty internals, fat shaft, and 1.87:1 gears - more than anything it needs to be in good shape. Here's the dilema. I am in Australia and would need it very well crated and shipped insured. Obviously I'd be buying something...
  5. DaveW

Transom angle?

Hi :smile I'm in the process of designing a skid plate, and am having difficulties measuring the transom to pad angle so I can make sure the plate runs parallel to the pad. Pic below of what I mean - apologies for my stunning artistic ability! Anyone have a definite on an XTB-21? Dave
  6. DaveW

Ally foil wanted!

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has an Ally foil they don't need lying around. Would be happy to trade some Aussie made timber lures or anything else available down here you might be interested in. Let me know! Thanks, Dave
  7. DaveW

Side Imaging Transducer + Skidplate = ?????

Hi all, I've got my SI transducer mounted off the side of my jackplate. I'm going to put a skid plate on the XTB-21, but if I do something like the Allison one I'm thinking the beam will get blocked some. What do people do in this situation, or what's done at factory level?? Pics...
  8. DaveW

Driving an Allison aint easy.......

I've had my Ally for a few years now, and am lucky enough to have the only XTB-21 in Australia, and possibly the only fishing Allison in the country - I've heard about an XB2003 that gets used for ski racing but have never seen it. I've had a few issues in the last year - ripping the top...
  9. DaveW

Hydro Steering Install Help Please!

Hi all :) It's time to replace the cables on the XTB-21! I've got the kit coming, so before I start ripping things out I thought I'd ask if there's any right or wrong things to do. I'll be replacing the Ally wheel at the same time, and using blinker style trim and plate switches...
  10. DaveW

Motor came off..........

Hi Ally family from down under :) Had a little accident over the weekend - hit something submerged doing 30-40mph in pretty rough water. Boat listed left hard, powered off turned around and saw the motor barely hanging on. Anyone seen anything like this before? With the plate in the...
  11. DaveW

Gauge hole fillers? (Blanks?)

Hi all, With the installation of my smartcraft gauges (well, when I can work out where the cables plug in :embarassed ), I'll have 6 small gauge holes where the old gauges will be pulled out. I plan to put system link gauges in there eventually, but not for 6 months or so. So, rather than...
  12. DaveW

XTB-21 200 2.5 Merc + CLE - Gear Ratio?

Hi all, I did my homework on the owners page and believe I should be running a 26" or so prop. BUT, what it doesn't say is what gear ratio I should have in the CLE??? I'm gettin a CLE built now and need to know :) I had a 22" Lightning ET on the old 200 (with CLE) and turned it to...
  13. DaveW

XTB-21 Dash update!

Nothing too extreme, I just removed the black plastic from the gauge surrounds. Looks a HEAP cleaner and more modern, not so roaring 70's :cool Before and after:
  14. DaveW

Bilge area issue - is this major??

Hi all :cool I had to replace my bilge pump in the XTB-21 yesterday and found something strange. The metal strap that holds it to the bottom of the boat is held down by 4 screws (two either side of the pump). When I unsrcrewed the one on the port stern side water was definitely coming...
  15. DaveW

XTB-21 - Anywhere in the front to mount a transducer??

Hi all :) Just wondering if anyone has put a shoot through hull transducer in the FRONT of an XTB-21?? I could run it off the bottom of my troller, but I tend to damage them! Suggestions? Dave
  16. DaveW

Where do I find this trim?

Hi all :) I'm thinking of updating the trim on my XTB-21 from the plain black stuff to some nice stainless finish style circled below, anyone know where to get it? Ideally I'd like some that looks like a red anodised alloy if possible. Thanks!
  17. DaveW

Gear ratio help needed?

Hi there :) Here's my dilema, I've got an XTB-21 running a 200Xri Merc. I'm turning a 22" Lightning ET to 7100rpm and getting around 74mph or so out of her. I have a CLE case with a fat shaft. I don't know what gear ratio is in the the box, but I have just blown it up and looks like I'll be...
  18. DaveW

Hatch Lock Help Needed

Hi all, I'm after a matching set of 3 keyed alike locks for my XTB-21 as in the picture below. I know I could contact Allison, but the time difference from here in Australia makes it difficult. I was wondering if you can shop online for them anywhere? Thanks! Dave
  19. DaveW

Electronic Lift Plate Gauge - How do I fit it???

Hi all, I have an electronic lift plate gauge from Bob's Machine Shop that came with my XTB-21 and I need to know how to fit it to the boat. I emailed Bob's and didn't get a response. I was hoping one of you has some experience and/or a picture of one fitted? Thanks in advance :grin...
  20. DaveW

You cetainly can fish from an Ally!

Well............ sort of :D She lasted a day and a half of a three day event until we hit something and the propshaft decided to leave the motor :shock: Have a look here, we're a VERY happy team 8) http://www.sportsfish.com.au/STC/NBC/default.asp